Wowza Community

H265 intergrate with WOWZA server

I have hear about the H265 technology and i want intergrate to wowza server. how way to do it ?

H.265 is currently under consideration for a future release. I do not have a timeline regarding when this may be available. Presently, we’re tracking customer requests for H.265 compressed video & also tracking the devices which implement h.265 players. I’ll make a note to our product management team letting them know that you’re interested.

-Tim

Hi,

Wowza does support H.264 video with the Profile: High. If the device you’re trying to play back on doesn’t support High profile streams you would need to use the Wowza transcoder AddOn but this is currently restricted to live streaming only.

Jason

Wowza does support H.264 video with the Profile: High.

This applies to both live and video on demand.

If the device you’re trying to play back on doesn’t support High profile streams you would need to use the Wowza transcoder AddOn but this is currently restricted to live streaming

The transcoder is only for transcoding live streams.

Regards,

Jason

H.265 is currently under consideration for a future release. I do not have a timeline regarding when this may be available. Presently, we’re tracking customer requests for H.265 compressed video & also tracking the devices which implement h.265 players. I’ll make a note to our product management team letting them know that you’re interested.

-Tim

Okay thanks Tim, but why wowza not support H264 high profile? if it have support then i need to do what to used, such…trancoder addon ?

Hi,

Wowza does support H.264 video with the Profile: High. If the device you’re trying to play back on doesn’t support High profile streams you would need to use the Wowza transcoder AddOn but this is currently restricted to live streaming only.

Jason

Wowza not support live stream high profile But wowza support Video On demand in high profile ?

why wowza [RTSP] long time buffer when start, Jason?

This applies to both live and video on demand.

The transcoder is only for transcoding live streams.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason. more question. why i used RTSP long timer buffer(big lantancy) while i used HTTP stream faster RTSP ?