Thread: Broadcast and record

Default Broadcast and record

I look through a lot of posts here today but wasn't able t get a definite answer.

Is it possible to broadcast live to other people and at the same time record everything. With the possibilities of pausing and starting record whenever i wish?

If it is possible then what all addons do i require? Do i need to combine some addons? Or do i need to figure this out myself?

The built-in LiveStreamRecord function provides the capability that you are looking for. Take a look at this article: How to record live streams (HTTPLiveStreamRecord).

Live Stream Record, formerly a free AddOn, is incorporated into Wowza Media Server 3.5 as an API that gives you more control over recording live streams to video on demand files. This feature enables you to control the live stream recording process using a web-based user interface, HTTP URL queries, or programmatically. Powerful APIs are included to support splitting of in-process live streams into multiple on-demand MP4 (QuickTime container) files or FLV (Flash Video container) files, with the split points based on video duration, clock time, or file size.