Wowza Community

Server Error: Unable to establish loopback connection

Hi.

I’m having a trouble with Wowza Media Server 2.2.4.07.

First, after the server machine turn on, Wowza works fine, but after about 3 days, media content and administration port doesn’t work. Access and error logs generates the following message:

java.io.IOException: Unable to establish loopback connection
	at sun.nio.ch.PipeImpl$Initializer.run(PipeImpl.java:125)
	at sun.nio.ch.PipeImpl$Initializer.run(PipeImpl.java:69)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.PipeImpl.<init>(PipeImpl.java:141)
	at sun.nio.ch.SelectorProviderImpl.openPipe(SelectorProviderImpl.java:50)
	at java.nio.channels.Pipe.open(Pipe.java:150)
	at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorImpl.<init>(WindowsSelectorImpl.java:126)
	at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorProvider.openSelector(WindowsSelectorProvider.java:44)
	at java.nio.channels.Selector.open(Selector.java:227)
	at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.startupWorker(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.addNew(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.processSessions(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): bind
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:444)
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:436)
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:214)
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:67)
	at sun.nio.ch.PipeImpl$Initializer.run(PipeImpl.java:91)
	... 14 more

Second, I try to restart service, but without luck. Error log generate, in addition of above, the following messages:

ERROR	server	comment	2013-10-30	11:10:20	-	-	-	-	-	0.594	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	server core failure: java.io.IOException: Unable to establish loopback connection
WARN	vhost	comment	2013-10-30	11:10:41	-	-	-	-	-	20.984	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	_defaultVHost_	Bind failed: ([any]:1935): java.io.IOException: Unable to establish loopback connection
WARN	vhost	comment	2013-10-30	11:10:41	-	-	-	-	-	20.984	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	_defaultVHost_	Bind failed: ([any]:8086): java.io.IOException: Unable to establish loopback connection

Third, when the problem is occurring, to check tcp connections of the server, I use the command line “netstat -s” and note that “TCP Statistics for IPv4 -> Current Connections” has a low value (about 60)

Fourth, I also have tried this post’s solution, adjusting TcpTimedWaitDelay to 30, and I’ve tried too this another post’s solution.

Both attemps without luck.

PS.: Running in Windows Server 2003 R2 x64, java 7 u25

Thanks in advance.

Try editing conf/Server.xml and conf/VHost.xml and change the IpAddress value in all places to either 127.0.0.1 or the interal ip address of the server. It seems to be trying to bind to the local loop back controller that is causing problems.

Richard

What do you get when you do “ping loopback” in console?

Have you tried the IPv6 loopback address “::1” ?

Richard

I already tried that, no success. Another suggestion?

Thanks for reply.

With the server working normally, i can do “ping loopback” with success.

But when the problem occured for the last time, there wasn’t me who checked the server, so, I couldn’t test ‘ping loopback’ again.

But I think I found the solution.

I had to add the two values to the Windows Registry:

“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\MaxUserPort” (Type: DWORD; Value: 65500)

“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\TcpTimedWaitDelay” (Type: DWORD; Value: 30 )

Until now, this problem didn’t occur after making this change.

Thanks.