Wowza Community

4 seconds delay in RTSP stream using Wowza media server with Axis Q7401 video encoder

Hi. I am setting up Wowza Media Server to receive RTSP streams from Axis Q7401 video encoder and restream them to clients. I want to pull a single stream from the source (Axis Q7401 Video Encoder) and then restream multiple copies of that to multiple users using Wowza Media Server. I want the restreamed streams to be almost realtime or very small delay.

I followed this tutorial.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

Inside the camera.stream file, i used the following address

rtsp://username: password@[camera-ip-address]:554/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264

I opened the [install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html and entered the following details for the stream.

Server: rtmp://[wowza-ip-address]/live

Stream: camera.stream

I opened both Axis Q7401 RTSP stream in my browser and the one in Wowza Media Server RTMP player example.

I noticed a delay in the Wowza media stream. Using the time overlay on Axis Q7401 video stream, i figure out that the delay was about 4 seconds.

I tried changing the stream type to even live-lowlatency but had the same fixed delay. I think that this is not a performance issue, it is somewhat related to configuration. May be some parameter needs to be adjusted.

I did the only the above mentioned steps and nothing else. Kindly let me know if the above procedure is enough to achieve my requirement. If there is a parameter change required kindly guide me regarding that too. How do i reduce the delay and improve the video quality? My sole requirement is that instead of pulling multiple streams from Axis Q7401 video encoder, a single stream should be pulled and fed to Wowza Media Server and Wowza Media Server should then server the users considering the fact that the video needs to be provided with no delay or very small one.

Have a look at this article:

How to achieve the lowest latency from capture to playback

Salvadore

Try this URL as the source:

sources: [{
file: "rtmp://localhost:1935/live/camera.stream"
}],

Yes, decrease bufferlength to reduce latency.

Salvadore

in Actionscript 3 use “NetStream.bufferTime = 0;”

How do i modify this parameter? Do i have to install Macromedia Flash and edit the live.fla file in FlashRTMPPlayer in LiveVideoStreaming example?

I have downloaded jwplayer 6. Considering my above post, how do i setup jwplayer for camera.stream?

How is the bufferlength related to latency? Should i decrease it to improve latency?

I am still unable to get it working. The jw player says:

Unable to load plugins

File Not Found