Thread: Connection failed: Over license connection limit.

Default Connection failed: Over license connection limit.

I'm in the process of upgrading our Wowza Media server from Wowza Media Server version 2.2.4.07 to version 3.6.3 (ami-c8695f8d)

Both of these are rental instances from EC2. I have an elastic IP address, I can stream Video on demand on the VOD3 application from the new instance without any issues when I use the public IP.

When I reassign the Elastic IP from the older version to the new instance, I start seeing the error "Connection failed: Over license connection limit.".

Not sure what I should be doing.

Thanks,
    Rafi

Follow these instructions and see if that gets it going for you:
    How to build Wowza Media Server for Amazon EC2

Salvadore

Does this apply to prebuilt AMIs as well?

Do I need to do 1-7 for that?

I used ami-c8695f8d. I'm confused about step 6 and 7. What parameters should I use for ec2-register?

Thank you for your help.

Thanks,
    Rafi

I can see that ami-c8695f8d is one of our pre-built LicKey AMI's (LicKey = Bring Your Own License). This AMI comes pre-configured with everything you need to start streaming in EC2 - no further registration or configuration is necessary.

Once this AMI is running in EC2, you will need to install a paid license key. The default key that comes with the AMI is limited to 10 connections (similar to a developer license). When the connection count is exceeded, you will experience errors like what you reported earlier.

Here are some instructions from the Quick Start Guide that explain how to enter a new license key:

License keys for all Wowza products, including Wowza Media Server and AddOns, are stored in the [install-dir]/conf/Server.license file.

Default location: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/Server.license - Linux/Unix

Trial, Daily, and Monthly Edition subscribers will have a single license key while Perpetual Edition users may have more than one key to enable purchased AddOns.

To add a license key, open the Server.license file in a text editor and enter each new license key on a new line. When the standalone server is restarted, the new license will be in effect. The licenses are additive, so when adding additional licenses, be sure to retain the original license information in the file and add each new license key on its own new line. The order in which the keys are listed isn't important. The first and last five digits of the license key are displayed in the console window.

The following is an example Server.license file for a Perpetual Edition user with a Wowza Media Server license key, two Wowza Transcoder AddOn license keys, and one Wowza nDVR AddOn license key:

SVRP3-LaGpC-ZrTD9-F4Y3S-a9bR2-h5t3C
    TRN23-Ry6qe-4mT8J-yKj2W-4N5sH-2Td3a
    TRN13-y9Gj2-kneqT-2zjHp-GadzB-N6fwa
    DVRA3-k3r3R-nzxCB-ypjs5-Sk3y9-ahFdF
    I hope you find this helpful. Please let us know if you have any additional questions on this topic. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

-Tim

That helped thanks.

Rafi