Thread: Issue playing back with jwplayer on certain application not on localhost

Question Issue playing back with jwplayer on certain application not on localhost

Trying to debug an issue. I'm using hdfvr to record and jwplayer to playback later on.

I can play back video using a sample html page with jwplayer on my LOCALHOST but not from my dev server. rtmp://(mediaserverdomain) /hdfvr/flv:stream1
    I can play back video using the same sample html page with jwplayer on both localhost and dev server with rtmp://(mediaserverdomain) /vod/flv:stream1

I do not have any domain restrictions in the app config of hdfvr.

One difference I saw in the hdfvr app config vs the vod app config is the authentication. vod has none, hdfvr has digest. I changed hdfvr playback authentication to none but it didn't fix the issue.

EDIT: I also changed the streamtype on hdfvr playback to default from record, still didn't fix it.
    Last edited by SFGMedia; 11-08-2013 at 02:32 PM.

If you can playback from localhost but not remote it is most likely a port issue. From the remote client you have to be able to reach Wowza over port 1935: http://[wowza-address]:1935 should show Wowza version and build. You might have to port forward in your router or otherwise map TCP port 1935 in your network to the server running Wowza

Richard