Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video chat in android

Default Video chat in android

Hi,

Can anyone help me on how to implement video chat in android mobile apps with Wowza server? No idea on where to start and how to proceed.
    Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Kameswari

Hello,

First you will need to setup and optimize your Wowza server for video chat. Please take a look at this article describing how to do that: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ive-video-chat

Then, you will need to create a custom Android software application that will have to run on the Android device, and will have to get the camera and microphone feed, encode it and stream it to your Wowza server. In the same time it needs to have the ability to connect to a separate Wowza stream to receive and playback the stream sent by the chat partner.

Zoran

Many thanks Zoran.

Currently, I am working from android front. Do we have any test server available so that I can start working on that.

Meanwhile, our server team will do the needful to setup the Wowza server.

Thanks,
    Kameswari

Hi,
    We don't provide servers for people to test on but you can download a Developer license or Trial license should you want to test before buying Wowza.

Jason

Ok. What type of encryption/decryption should be used for video streaming?

Hi,
    That would depend on the clients you have connected, are you planing on using other applications other than the one you're developing for Android devices?
    Please take a look at the Media security overview, this should give you a good idea of what to use depending on which clients you're providing a service to.

Jason

Default Support for file sharing

Hi,

I would like to use this inorder to develop video chat functionality in our application. The support from your team is awesome. Thanks for that. I would like to add the features to my chat applications as much as possible. As part of that, with wowza server, while doing the video chat between 2 users, is it possible to do file sharing also?
    If yes, how can I do?

Hi,
    It's not possible to use Wowza to share files without adding a significant amount of custom code.
    If you're interested in this you can use the Wowza IDE2 to compile your code.

If you would like someone else to write this for you then you can contact a consultant through our Find a consultant forum.
    Alternatively you can email support@wowza.com requesting the Independent consultants list.

Jason

I am working from android front. Do we have any test server available so that I can start working on that.

Hi,
    You should be able to test this using a developer license.

Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast