Thread: Wowza plays unspecified recorded file rather than the live publishing

Default Wowza plays unspecified recorded file rather than the live publishing

Hi,

I am trying to publish and play a live stream through Wowza. In theory it should play live but instead, what I'm seeing happen is the video play a recording of the previous publishing. ie Despite seemingly not specifing this, the video gets recorded and gets viewed on the next viewing rather than the current.

I am using the same Adobe Air app I have used through FMS so there doesn't seem to be a problem there.

Server side I believe I have made the key changes to the application.xml which are necessary ie:

<Streams>
      <StreamType>live</StreamType>
      <LiveStreamPacketizers>cupertinostreamingpacketizer, smoothstreamingpacketizer, sanjosestreamingpacketizet</LiveStreamPacketizers>
    </Streams>
    <HTTPStreamers>cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming</HTTPStreamers>
    <RTP>
      <Authentication>
        <PublishMethod>digest</PublishMethod>
        <PlayMethod>none</PlayMethod>
      </Authentication>
    </RTP>
    What else may be causing this?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you send a complete set of Wowza configuration and log files to support@wowza.com so we can take a closer look?
    I'm sure it's a configuration issue and more clues can be found in Wowza logs.

Zoran

Thanks, I've made a quick work around just so that anyone curious wants to know (it's pretty simple as you might expect):

Basically, I applied the changes to the applicaiton.xml file in the applications/MobileCommTest folder to the original conf/application.xml file and it works.

Any idea why the application.xml in the specific application folder may not be applied?

Thanks

Hi,

The conf/Application.xml configuration file will be used for every application, except if you use a specific Application.xml file for a particular application.
    If you want to have application specific configuration, then you should create a "conf/MobileCommTest/" folder where you can place your Application.xml file.
    Please take a look at the Live streaming configuration article (in step 2 the application specific configuration file is created)

Zoran