Thread: Cupertino VOD from FLV with data events

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cupertino VOD from FLV with data events

We are using custom AMF events in RTMP streams and converting them to ID3 for live Cupertino streaming (as per here). Using live-record, Wowza writes an FLV recording that also contains these events. Is there any way to re-play the Cupertino-muxed version of this with the events intact?

I have added the VOD version of the AMF to ID3 conversion detailed in the above link, however in my searching it seems that Wowza does not support Cupertino streaming of FLV files. This seems incredibly strange to me, considering FLV is basically the same container format as the video streaming in RTMP, which Wowza clearly does support re-muxing to Cupertino streaming.

Since MP4 doesn't support AMF data events, I can't just remux the source file to the supported MP4 container format. And I'm not aware of a tool that can stream an FLV while preserving AMF data events.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by johnsterling; 11-25-2013 at 09:18 AM.

You can use this module to inject cue points server-side which get recorded, then triggered client-side:
    How to inject cue points or metadata

Salvadore
    Last edited by salvadore; 11-25-2013 at 10:22 AM.

I'm not sure that will help much - I already have the cue points recorded. My problem is getting them triggered client-side from the VOD recording rather than live.

The client-side AS3 handler is the same for live as the handler for VOD streams.

Salvadore

Sorry, I think I got my terminology wrong. We are not using a Flash client to interpret AMF data events/cuepoints. We are using AMF data events/cuepoints inserted by the encoder into the RTMP stream. The clients play only HLS and get the events via the ID3 timed metadata. This works great for live via RTMP. What I'm looking for is to be able to play back a VOD FLV that has these events, and have the same HLS clients get the same translated ID3 timed metadata.

Sorry, FLV is not supported for HLS streaming. You can record the stream as H264/AAC or mp3 to an .mp4 container by prefixing the stream name.
    In the encoder give the stream name an mp4: prefix
    Stream: mp4:myStream
    Salvadore