Thread: Differance between perfomance tuning documentation and the Wowza Media Server 3.6.3

Question Differance between perfomance tuning documentation and the Wowza Media Server 3.6.3

Hi Wowza,

I'm currently installing and configuring a Wowza Media Server 3.6.3 installation. I noticed some difference between the performance guide and de Wowza installation (VHost.xml) on number 5.
    * I noticed a new tag ReadBufferSize
    * And the BufferSize is raised from 16000 to 32000 for low latency application.
    Currently we are running a low latency application on a older version of Wowza with BufferSize of 16000 and we want to move the low latency application to the new version. Which BufferSize should I choose for my application (16000 or 32000) because low latency is very import for our application? It's a webcam chat application.

Kind Regards,

Marcel, I see what you mean. The tuning guide contradicts the inline comments in the VHost.xml file.

I will try to find some clarification and post back here.

Hi Salvadore,

Did you find clarification for the difference between the tuning guide and the VHost.xml?

Kind Regards,

I would try the 1600 setting shown in the guide, see how it works. You might compare if you have a load test setup.