Thread: rtsp streaming problem

Default rtsp streaming problem

Hi,

I am a beginner to use WMS, I am now setting serveral Axis IP Camera for a oversea Wowza server to stream, and other edges can get the videos from this origin.

It works at the beginning. However, it shows some errors at some time therefore the edges cannot play the rtmp stream. What it was shown are "ioexception" and "socketexception". Can anybody help me and tell me how to fix this?

Thank you.

Hi,
    Please paste in a section of the wowza log (logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log) that shows the "ioexception" and "socketexception" messages.
    Is this happening with just some cameras and not all?
    What is the model of the Axis camera?

Daren

Sorry,

the wowza just shows that Failed to connect: "org.apache.mina.common.RuntimeIOException: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: no further information". While wowza shows these message, the client can connect to the server but cannot play the videos. After several minutes, it will then become normal and the videos can be played on flash player.

Quote Originally Posted by daren_j View Post
    Hi,
    Please paste in a section of the wowza log (logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log) that shows the "ioexception" and "socketexception" messages.
    Is this happening with just some cameras and not all?
    What is the model of the Axis camera?

Daren
    The axis camera is P3346-V and the stream type I am using is rtp-live-lowlatency in origin. But some of the videos can be played when this situation occured.
    Last edited by ChanTaiMan; 11-27-2013 at 12:57 AM.

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...ght=#post58062

Is this thread same as my problem? How can I solve it?

Hi,

The error message would indicate a connectivity problem between Wowza and your IP camera. You will have to make sure you have a good quality connection to your camera.
    In most cases, bandwidth availability at IP camera side can cause connectivity problems. Check what is the total bitrate output from your camera, what is the available bandwidth at IP camera side and how many people/devices are using the direct IP camera stream in the same time.

Zoran

Quote Originally Posted by zoran_u View Post
    Hi,

The error message would indicate a connectivity problem between Wowza and your IP camera. You will have to make sure you have a good quality connection to your camera.
    In most cases, bandwidth availability at IP camera side can cause connectivity problems. Check what is the total bitrate output from your camera, what is the available bandwidth at IP camera side and how many people/devices are using the direct IP camera stream in the same time.

Zoran
    Thank you for your quick response.

However, is it possible for only one wowza to get all the ipcam videos, and act as a repeater-origin for the other Wowza edges to play videos? For example, if I have two Wowza to directly get the videos from ip cam. Now I change one to origin and one to edge, will it saves half of the bandwidth?

TaiMan

Yes, having only one server connected to your IP camera, you will be using only one connection between Wowza and the IP camera.
    Please take a look at this forum article for the instructions on how to configure your Wowza server to run in a origin - edge architecture: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....tream-repeater

Zoran