Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOWZA HTTP adaptive bitrate Live Streaming with JWPlayer6

Default WOWZA HTTP adaptive bitrate Live Streaming with JWPlayer6

Hi
    I have been trying to play adaptive bitrate on ios using jwplayer6 with no luck, i tried in the past with jwplayer5 using xml, and works perfect, can anybody share the right code for the m3u8 smil?

Thanks

This article explains how to use JW Player 6 with Wowza:
    How to use LongTail JW Player 6 with Wowza Media Server

And this article describes ABR in JW Player in more detail:
    How to use LongTail JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Media Server

Salvadore

Thanks for your answer, but the "How to use LongTail JW Player 6 with Wowza Media Server" article makes reference to VOD, and i have that solved already, there is no mention about Live ABR, or m3u8 smil for ABR.

And "How to use LongTail JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Media Server" this article is from 2011, and i tried before whit jwplayer5 and works fine, but for jwplayer6 they made some changes, i know everything is fine on the server side, because like i said before i tried with jwplayer5 and everything worked fine, that's why i am looking for an m3u8 .smil example for the jwplayer6.

Thanks

The setup for live is the same as for VOD, you just need to get the URLs correct.
    Did you try:
    [wowza-ip]:1935/live/ngrp:[stream-name]_all/jwplayer.smil
    For more information see this article on JW Player's website:
    JW Player Support Documentation

Salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    The setup for live is the same as for VOD, you just need to get the URLs correct.
    Did you try:
    [wowza-ip]:1935/live/ngrp:[stream-name]_all/jwplayer.smil
    For more information see this article on JW Player's website:
    JW Player Support Documentation
    That documentation is how to do it with the transcoder add-on. How does one accomplish this without the transcoder add-on? I'm having the same problem sending two h.264/aac bitrates via FMLE. Individually, they play fine, but try accessing a smil or manifest.f4m and it will not work.

In most of the examples, the file referenced in the smil is an mp4 for vod, what is the proper stream format in the smil for a live stream? Everything I try smil-wise, acts like it can't find the smil, or will return an empty smil. A manifest.f4m returns an Error 2032.

Test ABR playback with the Flash HTTP player that ships with Wowza. [install-dir/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/FlashHTTPPlayer/player.html

Also you can enable ABR debugging to see if keyframes are aligned:
    How to debug encoder multi-bitrate key frame alignment:

Also check the logs for any indication of errors that may be accruing.

Salvadore

When I use the Flash HTTP example I get Error 2032. I applied the 3.5.3 patch2 with no difference. (Yes, I restarted.) Ran the debug for a few minutes and got three errors:
    WARN server comment 2013-12-05 00:57:57 - - - - - 170.772 - - - - - - - luckydog.smil open: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.5.2\content\luckydog.smil (The system cannot find the file specified)
    WARN server comment 2013-12-05 01:00:15 - - - - - 309.475 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/luckydog_1]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [4.9,4.0,4.0]
    WARN server comment 2013-12-05 01:00:15 - - - - - 309.475 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/luckydog_2]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [4.9,4.0,4.0]

Again, it says the smil is not there, but it is. If it wasn't it would display this in the browser:
    <smil><head><meta base="rtmp://stream.mydomain.com:1935/live/_definst_"/></head><body><switch>
    </switch></body></smil>

As for the fragment durations, FMLE is set Baseline profile, level 3.0 with a keyframe frequency of 2 seconds. I appreciate the help.

First, create a smil file in the /content folder that following the ABR section of the RTMP Live guide

Then, understand that JW Player does not use the server-side .smil directly, but there is this convenience method that leverages the server-side smil in JW player.

Also understand that each bitrate rendition you reference in the .smil file must be key frame aligned. You can validate that using this debug method

Richard

Also, re Flash HTTP playback, make sure luckydog.smil is actually in the /content folder, and that you use smil: prefix.

[parse]http://[wowza-address]:1935/live/smil:luckydog.smil/manifest.f4m[/parse]

Richard

Here's the luckydog.smil which is in the content directory. (Based on the file not found errors, I thought it was a path error, and changed the location in the live app, moved the smil file to the new location, restarted and received the same error at the new location. The stream names are taken directly from the log.)

<smil>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    <switch>
    <video src="luckydog_1" height="280" system-bitrate="200000" width="420" />
    <video src="luckydog_2" height="480" system-bitrate="650000" width="640" />
    </switch>
    </body>
    </smil>

My HTTPProvider in the VHost.xml reads:
    <HTTPProvider>
    <BaseClass>com.wowza.wms.http.HTTPProviderMediaList</BaseClass>
    <RequestFilters>*jwplayer.rss|*jwplayer.smil|*medialist.smil|*manifest-rtmp.f4m</RequestFilters>
    <AuthenticationMethod>none</AuthenticationMethod>
    </HTTPProvider>

When I use the url http://m.y.i.p:1935/live/smil:luckyd...l/manifest.f4m in the Flash http player, I get the following response:
    "The F4M document contains errors URL missing from Media tag" and the log spits out:
    WARN server comment 2013-12-05 12:48:04 - - - - - 1015.919 - - - - - - - luckydog.smil open: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.5.2\content\luckydog.smil (The system cannot find the file specified)
    WARN server comment 2013-12-05 12:48:04 - - - - - 1015.92 - - - - - - - - HTTPStreamerSanJoseLiveIndex.indexPlaylist[live/_definst_/smil:luckydog.smil]: MediaList is empty.

I am also seeing this just after starting the encoder:
    WARN server comment 2013-12-05 12:31:23 - - - - - 10693.631 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/luckydog_1]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [5.0,4.0,3.9]
    WARN server comment 2013-12-05 12:31:23 - - - - - 10693.634 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/luckydog_2]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [5.0,4.0,3.9]

If I have keyframes already set at 2 seconds, what else can I do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast