Thread: Delete Published SDP file automatically after some times in Native RTP application

Default Delete Published SDP file automatically after some times in Native RTP application

I am using a Native RTP application . In That SDP files are automatically publish using this " Startup Streams Monitor Module (monitor content folder for .sdp and .stream files)" .I want to detect the sdp files are streaming .if it is not streaming i want to unpublish or remove that sdp automatically. Is there any mechanism to unpublish that sdp after a number of mediacaster.reconnect ().

Please give me an update on this issue.I am stuck with this.I want to delete the sdp files automatically when its not streaming.I want to chack the existing SDP files are STreaming.

Hello,

You will have to build your own custom Wowza module that would remove the .sdp file from the content folder if the stream goes down. Also, it will have to unpublish the stream automatically so that Wowza won't try to re-establish the connection the the offline live source.
    You could use the IMediaCasterNofity2 to detect the failed live source and perform the desired actions when the connection failure is detected. Here is the example IMediaCasterNotify2 code.

Zoran

How can we detect if live streams has gone offline using custom code?Can you help me with some samples?

Hi,

I provided the example in my previous post.
    You can add your actions needed to be performed here:
    public void onStreamStop(IMediaCaster mediaCaster) { ...... }
    Zoran
    Last edited by zoran_u; 12-05-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks Zoran.

Got a solution. i will use IMediaStreamActionNotify2 onUnPublish method.I created a custom module.