I am running Wowza 3.6.3 [well, at least when it's running].
Yesterday, in the middle of a live webinar, the server crashed.
We didn't realize what was the issue, and the webinar ended in the middle, costing us a lot in both dollars and reputation.
The webinar should have been recorded, but even the (hour?) before it crashed is nowhere to be found.
This is not the first time Wowza crashed, but is the most expensive one so far.
I'm running Wowza on a VPS at Linode, with almost nothing else on the server - it should not be a resource issue.
Here are the questions:
1. What can I do to ensure that if Wowza crashes, it will restart automatically?
2. Where can I find the parts of the webinar from before Wowza crashed?
3. Where can I submit the err reports or whatever so that whatever bugged Wowza can be fixed?
4. What can be done to ensure Wowza won't crash mid-webinar, short of finally dumping it?
5. Can somehow error reporting be triggered by Wowza's crashing?
6. Why doesn't Wowza have any live support staff option (I know, I know, I've asked before).