Thread: Many audio transcoder for the speex to aac in 11kHz

Default Many audio transcoder input for speex to aac in 11kHz?

Hi,

We want to know how many audio transcoder for the speex to aac in 11kHz with both managed to put on a server with 8 cores of 2.4 processing ?

We want to send speex flash player to turn into aac wowza transcoder to receive the audio on ios and android.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Carlos Eduardo; 11-29-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Hello,

You will have to perform your own capacity tests and determine the exact number of transcoding instances that can run on your hardware. There is a Transcoder addon performance benchmark article available, but the tests performed were using both video and audio encoded content.

You should be aware that every transcoder instance requires a transcoder addon license. Please check the transcoder addon pricing page, the audio only transcoding section: http://www.wowza.com/addons/wowza-tr...anscoder-addon

Zoran

Hi,

1 instance I can only put 1 single transcoder for the speex aac? Is that what you're telling me?

1 unique flash player client , send speex to wowza transcoder converted in acc?

Thanks!

No, one instance is used for transcoding 1 input source, thus using one transcoder license. There is no charge nor software limitation for the number of streaming clients connecting to that transcoded stream.
    For example, if you have 10 input speex audio streams, and you transcode them to AAC, and you have 50 clients connected to each of your transcoded outputs, you would have a total of 500 clients connected to the AAC transcoded stream. In this case, you will be using 10 transcoder licenses, one for each transcoded input.

Zoran

So if I have a streaming currently called streaming_01, and in 10 minutes I got another call streaming_02 the wowza will know that I have to pay 2 transcoder, this?

And if I send an input called streaming_01 now, and stop him, and tomorrow I send streaming_01 again, I'll pay 1 or 2 trancoder?

Thanks Zoran!
    Last edited by Carlos Eduardo; 11-29-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Hi,
    You will be billed for the maximum number of concurrent streams being transcoded at any one time for that month.
    If you stop and stream and then restart it later the maximum number of streams at any one time would still be 1.

Jason