Thread: Different between Wowza 2 and Wowza 3

Post Different between Wowza 2 and Wowza 3

Dear all,

I have planned to upgrade from Wowza 2 to Wowza 3 (Latest version), but first I need to find out the different between the two version.
    I want to know about feature, specification, performance, and other information both on Wowza 2 and Wowza 3.

Please provide me information or document about this.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Hello Vichea,

A good place to start would be to check out our release notes and you can get a good idea about upgrades/changes.

The list of Wowza features is available here:
    The performance of the Wowza server is closely linked to the hardware specifications of the machine which is running your Wowza server installation. In order to find out the exact performance figures, you will have to run your own tests and determine the capacity and server load on your own hardware.
    We always recommend our customers to fully test their streaming environment before a live platform software update. We can provide you with a RTMP load test tool you can use to test out the capacity of your server. You will need to request it by following the instructions from this page:

The list of changes from Wowza 2 to the latest version (3.6.3) is massive but can be found below at the bottom of the Software Updates article
    You will need to search through 3.0.0 Release Notes all the way to the 3.6.3 Release Notes to find everything which has been added.

Dear All,

Thank you so much for information. I will look through all of these.

Best Regards,