Wowza Community

Disable HLS streaming

I use RTMPE in PC not use HLS in mobile. But another server get my HLS streaming link . I want to save my bandwidth .

Example :

My RTMPE link : rtmpe://mydomian.com:1935/media4/mystream

Another server change my rtmpe link to HLS link : http://mydomain.com:1935/media4/definst/mystream

Then they can use thí HLS link. Can I disable HLS stream or protect by secure token same RTMPE . Thanks

Is this a live stream? If so you can remove any packetizers you do not want to use, i.e. Application…xml /Streams /LiveStreamPacketizers/cupertinostreamingpacketizer

Salvadore

Hi,

Yes, you can also protect you RTMP streams using SecureToken, please see the SecureToken Article for details.

You can disable RTSP streaming for this application in the Application.xml file if required under the RTP/Authentication/PlayMethod.

To stop RTSP playback set this to digest, an example can be found below.

<Authentication>
	<PublishMethod>digest</PublishMethod>
	<PlayMethod>digest</PlayMethod>
</Authentication>

Jason

Sorry, I should have be more complete with my initial response, for VOD you would want to remove cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming from the in your Application.xml file.

Salvadore

To disable HLS streaming you need to remove cupertinostreaming from the in your Application.xml file.

To disable all HTTP streaming remove smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming from the in your Application.xml file as well.

Salvadore

Yes, that is correct, if you remove all three, then all HTTP streaming will be disabled.

Salvadore

No problem, glad I could help.

Salvadore

Is this a live stream? If so you can remove any packetizers you do not want to use, i.e. Application…xml /Streams /LiveStreamPacketizers/cupertinostreamingpacketizer

Salvadore

I use Video on demand streaming not use live stream . Application.xml :

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

How can i config it to disable HLS streaming

I config Applicaiton.xml

digest

digest

senderreport

But another server can use HLS . This is image about another server use my HLS link :

what’s wrong with Application.xml . Thanks

To disable HLS streaming you need to remove cupertinostreaming from the in your Application.xml file.

To disable all HTTP streaming remove smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming from the Application.xml file as well.

Salvadore

It mean i must change

cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming

to

Is that right? Salvadore

Yes, that is correct, if you remove all three, then all HTTP streaming will be disabled.

Salvadore

Thanks Salvadore .