Thread: The concept of Stream class!

Default The concept of Stream class!

Hi!

From the code examples it is evident that Wowza can switch playlists on the stream and that StreamTypes are defined via names. I am guessing (please confirm), that stream type names are only preconfigured versions of the stream class. What I dont understand in this example:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....tching-example

Is the handling of myStream and Stream1. The myStream name is specified as a source item for one of the playlist items to be played on stream named "Stream1". So obviously you can chain Stream objects, where one can be a source for the other. Here is what I would like to do:

specify "myStream" to have features of a "live-recording" stream and the "Stream1" to have properties of a "live" stream. But Application.xml has only one StreamType entry and so I dont know how to wire the right settings to each Stream instance.

Thanks!
    Atmapuri

You can do some tricky stuff with stream class streams, and one stream class stream can be the source of another stream class stream. An rtmp live encoder source "myStream" can be the source for stream class stream, and it can also be a file, and it can switch (serially) from one source to the other.

Can you tell us what you have tried so far?

Salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    You can do some tricky stuff with stream class streams, and one stream class stream can be the source of another stream class stream. An rtmp live encoder source "myStream" can be the source for stream class stream, and it can also be a file, and it can switch (serially) from one source to the other.

Can you tell us what you have tried so far?

Salvadore
    Dear Salvadore, here is the plan (that I am trying to make work):

Create four streams:

1. Main published stream. (type live)
    2. TV Like program stream using StreamPublisher (playlist), sometimes connected to Main
    3. Live source stream. (type live-recording, always recording everything), sometimes to connected to Main.

In this way I can switch all viewers between TV, live source, or other. But where do I specify that a stream should be of type "live-recording"? Considering that I have 3 (or 4 stream objects). I just figured out for example, that "myStream" in the code examples is not mentioned anywhere in the code. It is specified only as a parameter to the encoder and parameter to the player. The server obviously does not need to know about it. You could have any number of encoders streaming to different stream names and people could watch them, if they knew, what the "StreamName" parameter used by each encoder was.

There is also the question of StorageDir. Is there only one StorageDir per application or can be one StorageDir per Stream?

Thanks!
    Atmapuri

You can not have different storage directories on a per stream basis, but each application can have its own StorageDir. One StorageDir per application

For recording live streams you can use HTTPLiveStreamRecord

Salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    You can not have different storage directories on a per stream basis, but each application can have its own StorageDir. One StorageDir per application

For recording live streams you can use HTTPLiveStreamRecord

Salvadore
    Ok, but you haven't really said anything about controlling the properties of the Streams created in code. Are this all following the same settings as specified by the Application.xml? Is it possible to specify properties after the server loads?

Thanks!
    Atmapuri

This thread is continued here

Salvadore