Thread: Get Current Live Video Streaming Client Stream Names

Question Get Current Live Video Streaming Client Stream Names

Hi all,

I am building a live video chatting application using Wowza Media Server on iOS platform, and this application is intended for group chats, I was wondering if there is any way I can ask the server for currently live sessions and their session name? For example, if I have 4 people in group chat right now, and their names are A,B,C, and D, respectively. If A is a connected to the server, this application would allow A to see video streams from all the other users, B, C, and D. So my question is that is it possible for A to get the currently live stream name for B, C, and D, or to get how many other active clients there are on the server. Thanks.

It will take some work, but take a look at these articles as a starting place:
    How to get realtime connection counts from Wowza Media Server
    How to gather user streaming statistics

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

Thank you for your reply. I would take a look at those two articles you pointed out. However, I have another question to ask you too. As of now, I think I am using the software you built and published on Github, MediaLibDemos, and I was wondering if you could teach me how to set up a new project just like RTMPStreamplayer like you did. I coped the Art, Lib, and Scripted folders into my project and it gives no errors, and I copied the exact code from RTMPStreamPlayer into my code, and it compiles but crashes at runtime, and gives an error like this
    NULL @ 0xb9b9000] No codec provided to avcodec_open2().
    2013-12-13 09:49:27.385 StreamReceiver[785:70b] NellyMoserDecode -> openCodec: (ERROR) Could not open the codec

could you please help, and let me know if there is an email address I can contact you with? Thank you very much!

Hi Salvadore,

Thank you for your reply. I would take a look at those two articles you pointed out. However, I have another question to ask you too. As of now, I think I am using the software you built and published on Github, MediaLibDemos, and I was wondering if you could teach me how to set up a new project just like RTMPStreamplayer like you did. I coped the Art, Lib, and Scripted folders into my project and it gives no errors, and I copied the exact code from RTMPStreamPlayer into my code, and it compiles but crashes at runtime, and gives an error like this
    NULL @ 0xb9b9000] No codec provided to avcodec_open2().
    2013-12-13 09:49:27.385 StreamReceiver[785:70b] NellyMoserDecode -> openCodec: (ERROR) Could not open the codec

could you please help, and let me know if there is an email address I can contact you with? Thank you very much!

I am sorry, but you have the wrong guy, I did not build what you are talking about.

Salvadore