Wowza Community

Latency Edit file can't be found

I am using the example file in wowza LiveVideoStreaming—>FlashRTMPPlayer—> player.html

I read that i can make flash buffer 0 by changing the NetStream.setBufferTime(0).

or NetStream.setBufferTime = 0

but where is the file to edit or add this function ? in wowza tutorial they say change the action script 3 file . but i don’t see any in the

FlashRTMPPlayer that they provide so what shall i do to make this player buffer = 0 .

For all java dev and other dev that doesnt know flash ,

what i did is the following :

download flash pro (from adobe) than go to live folder LiveVideoStreaming–>FlashRTMPPlayer–>live.fla

Open the fla with adobe … than go to actions (press on the visual gui Frame anywhere you want ) or press f9

The code will show

There is a varialble called buffertime , put it 0.25

dont try 0 because it will be awful lag , 0.25 was fine really .

It works now but i have to try it more on the long run, incase of bad behavior i will report back .

BTW i am using flash version 11

Take a look at JW Player 6, you can set bufferTime in the HTML container. You can do similar with Flowplayer or Adobe Playback player

Richard

A problem occured which is … after some package lost the latency comes back .

So i was thinking that the player have nothing to do with it because we already cut the buffertime to 0.25

So it is for sure wowza Server

I entered stream.xml and made the dropframes less i took the last 0 of each from the end

= if the dropPBuffer was 2000 , it is 200 now … and so on for all others

and i choose rtp-live-lowlatency rather than live

i also entered Vhost.xml and i set the buffer to 1600 in rtp rather than 65000

I am testing it right now to see if that works , seems better than before until now 30 mins on and im still 0.25 latency (maybe i am not having package lost or maybe it works ) ill update in case it failed and another workaround will be dealt with

download flash pro (from adobe) than go to live folder LiveVideoStreaming–>FlashRTMPPlayer–>live.fla

Open the fla with adobe … than go to actions (press on the visual gui Frame anywhere you want ) or press f9

The code will show

It works now but i have to try it more on the long run, incase of bad behavior i will report back .

The code will show

in this article : https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-low-latency-applications-in-wowza-streaming-engine-for-rtmp-streaming the opposite is claimed, there it is stated that you should stick with buffertime = 0 otherwise you cause latency of at least 3 sec …

could you state something regarding that …