Thread: Latency Edit file can't be found

Exclamation Latency Edit file can't be found

I am using the example file in wowza LiveVideoStreaming--->FlashRTMPPlayer---> player.html
    I read that i can make flash buffer 0 by changing the NetStream.setBufferTime(0).
    or NetStream.setBufferTime = 0
    but where is the file to edit or add this function ? in wowza tutorial they say change the action script 3 file . but i don't see any in the
    FlashRTMPPlayer that they provide so what shall i do to make this player buffer = 0 .

Thumbs up Solved

For all java dev and other dev that doesnt know flash ,
    what i did is the following :

download flash pro (from adobe) than go to live folder LiveVideoStreaming-->FlashRTMPPlayer-->live.fla
    Open the fla with adobe ... than go to actions (press on the visual gui Frame anywhere you want ) or press f9
    The code will show
    There is a varialble called buffertime , put it 0.25
    dont try 0 because it will be awful lag , 0.25 was fine really .
    It works now but i have to try it more on the long run, incase of bad behavior i will report back .
    BTW i am using flash version 11

Question Another tweak

A problem occured which is ... after some package lost the latency comes back .
    So i was thinking that the player have nothing to do with it because we already cut the buffertime to 0.25
    So it is for sure wowza Server
    I entered stream.xml and made the dropframes less i took the last 0 of each from the end
    = if the dropPBuffer was 2000 , it is 200 now .. and so on for all others
    and i choose rtp-live-lowlatency rather than live

i also entered Vhost.xml and i set the buffer to 1600 in rtp rather than 65000

I am testing it right now to see if that works ,,, seems better than before until now 30 mins on and im still 0.25 latency (maybe i am not having package lost or maybe it works ) ill update in case it failed and another workaround will be dealt with

Quote Originally Posted by gentmat View Post

download flash pro (from adobe) than go to live folder LiveVideoStreaming-->FlashRTMPPlayer-->live.fla
    Open the fla with adobe ... than go to actions (press on the visual gui Frame anywhere you want ) or press f9
    The code will show
    It works now but i have to try it more on the long run, incase of bad behavior i will report back .

Take a look at JW Player 6, you can set bufferTime in the HTML container. You can do similar with Flowplayer or Adobe Playback player

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by gentmat View Post

The code will show
    in this article : http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....re-to-playback the opposite is claimed, there it is stated that you should stick with buffertime = 0 otherwise you cause latency of at least 3 sec ...

could you state something regarding that ..