Wowza Community

How Set HLS EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE

Hello,

I saw the release notes on Wowza 3.6.3. There’s an update about the HLS option attribute, EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE that is added to the HTTPStreamer/Property string properties. It seemed to be that this option is disable by default as the attribute not added to the chunklist.

How to enable this property to make EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE added to the chunklist?

thanks.

Joey

Joey,

You can add headers in the Application.xml /HTTPStreamers Properties container. Detail here

Richard

Sorry about. HERE it is

Richard

Did you do head request? That is where you will see it.

Richard

Hi,

Please can you try these properties in the HTTPStreamer section.

cupertinoVODPlaylistType

VOD

cupertinoLivePlaylistType

VOD

This should resolve the issue for you.

Andrew.

Hi,

I would set the playlist type to EVENT when doing live this then supports the draft specification. The drafts have changed over time and will continue to do so including/removing it may cause problems elsewhere.

Andrew.

Richard,

The “Detail here” redirect me to this thread with a new tab opened. Which property should be add to headers in the Application.xml /HTTPStreamers is unknown.

Could you please check the link?

Joey

Richard,

I added following code to the Application.xml

<HTTPStreamer>
			<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/HTTPStreamers.xml for any HTTPStreamer loaded by this applications -->
			<Properties>
			    <Property>
				    <Name>cupertinoUserHTTPHeaders</Name>
				    <Value>EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE:VOD</Value>
				</Property>
			</Properties>
		</HTTPStreamer>

But EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE is not in the playlist.m3u8 or chunklist.m3u8. Is there anything that I set wrong?

Joey

Hi Andrew,

Those properties worked! Thanks a lot.

One thing that needed to be clarified is the value of cupertinoLivePlaylistType property.

From the HLS Draft, it suggests that a Live Playlist MUST NOT contain the EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE tag. It seems like this tag should not be used on live.

Do you have any suggestion?

Joey