Thread: Override Wowza RTSP connection behavior

Default Override Wowza RTSP connection behavior

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use Wowza as a LiveSmoothStreaming server that broadcasts a feed coming from a RTSP source.
    The problem I'm facing is that the source feed may come from mobile clients behind firewalls, therefore wowza can's directly start the RTSP conversation.
    AFAIK the RTSP protocol does not establish who shall initate the TCP connection, but common sense says the server listens.

One solution is to use intermediate servers to provide connectivity and serve as a middleman for the communication, another solution would be to override wowza's connecting behavior and have him listen for incoming connections accept the connection and pass the socket to the regular RTSP client then resume the normal conversation.

Is this even possible?

Normally mobile clients use a push mechanism like RTSP Announce, and in fact this is how the Wowza GoCoder for iOS works.
    The clients themselves point to the Wowza server and if behind a firewall they are usually allowed as an outgoing connection.
    Are you saying that in this case the clients cannot send outgoing streams through their firewall?

The case you described is exactly what I need to do. Are there any 'RTSP Announce' tutorials for configuring wowza?