Thread: Question regarding application.xml

Default Question regarding application.xml

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this product and require some help and clarification. Our current setup for wowza is this.

We record a meeting and then send the stream to our vendor. The vendor will provide a web page that has an external stream. The vendor also sends another stream to our wowza server in our infrastructure. The wowza server uses the vendor stream to create a single stream for our internal users to connect to.

We are about to add another vendor to this setup and in our application.xml, is this all that needs to be modified to a different URL that the new vendor provides?

<Repeater>
    <OriginURL>rtmp://vendor.com</OriginURL>
    <QueryString><![CDATA[]]></QueryString>
    </Repeater>

Thanks,
    Huong

Hi, can you please explain a little more about what you are doing?

What is the source of the vender stream? Is it another Wowza server? or FMS?
    Are you wanting to re-stream a MediaCaster stream? Or is it a live rtmp stream?

Salvadore

MediaCaster stream being a stream from an IP camera, or mpeg-ts encoder.

I suggest reading through the Quick Start Guide

And perusing through the All Articles page and working through some of the tutorials.

Salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    Hi, can you please explain a little more about what you are doing?

What is the source of the vender stream? Is it another Wowza server? or FMS?
    Are you wanting to re-stream a MediaCaster stream? Or is it a live rtmp stream?

Salvadore
    it is a live rtmp stream.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    MediaCaster stream being a stream from an IP camera, or mpeg-ts encoder.

I suggest reading through the Quick Start Guide

And perusing through the All Articles page and working through some of the tutorials.

Salvadore
    i believe i am trying to do this. How to set up live stream repeater edge.

What path to follow depends on the source. If the source is another Wowza server you can use repeat a stream using the Live Stream Repeater following this guide. Your Wowza server will pull the stream from an origin.

If the source is a CDN that is using FMS servers, you can use Live Stream Repeater following this guide

If the source is a MediaCaster stream (for example from an IP camera or mpeg-ts encoder) you will have to re-stream following one of these guides: MPEG-TS or IP camera

Some live encoders generate an sdp file, take a look at this guide if your encoder is one of those.

Or, if the source is an RTMP live encoder. RTMP live encoders push a stream to Wowza.

And some encoders do RTSP announce, another push method.

Richard