Wowza Community

AVI Video on Demand Streaming

Hello

I am new here. I have install the new Version of WOWZA for testing… I have the trial licence installed.

My quastion is can i use the Transcoder Addon to use a local avi video file to stream it for Video on Demand? I see lots how howtows but i dont know the best solution for my testing project…

I can stream the sample.mp4 to VLC Player… but the avi file dont work…

Sorry, VOD transcoding is not supported. Also .avi is not a supported format by either the Transcoder or Wowza. You will need to use a dedicated encoder to do convert the .avi to .mp4 or .flv. There are many options; Flash Media Encoder, FFMPEG, VLC…

Salvadore

Yes, MPEG-2 is supported through the Wowza Transcoder. Please see the Transcoder Overview and the Transcoder User Guide for more information. But again, VOD transcoding is not supported

Have you set up an application for Video On demand streaming?

How to set up video on demand streaming

Make sure the file you are trying to stream is located in the [install-dir]/content.

Please test playback with one of the example players that ship with Wowza to make sure everything is configure correctly. For example [install-dir]/examples/VideoOnDemandStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html

Salvadore

Sorry, VOD transcoding is not supported. Also .avi is not a supported format by either the Transcoder or Wowza. You will need to use a dedicated encoder to do convert the .avi to .mp4 or .flv. There are many options; Flash Media Encoder, FFMPEG, VLC…

Salvadore

Hello

Thnx for replay… ok but What can the transcoder then?

example: SAT Live Signal -> mpeg2 -> Transcode (WOWZA Server) to clients ???

I have convert a avi video file to mp4. But when i open the stream over vlc i dont see the video but the sound… Where is my mistake?