Thread: Fast and Slow Tempo of Audio During Transition from Canned-to-Live and Live-to-Canned

Default Fast and Slow Tempo of Audio During Transition from Canned-to-Live and Live-to-Canned

Hi,

My Wowza Media Server (ver 3.6) is installed in a medium-sized, standard Amazon EC2 instance and the single bit-rate streams are distributed via CloudFront and are viewable via JWPlayer (ver 6).
    I set up a TV-like channel, running 24 hours, using a playlist. The playlist is a combination of live and canned videos. Based on what I've read, all the contents in the playlist must have the same encoding types / parameters to keep continuous playback of videos (live and canned) so I followed what was advised in the forum. However, I noticed that the audio of the contents are affected during transition from live to canned and from canned to live. During transition from canned to live, the audio of the live video is very slow during the first few seconds whereas during transition from live to canned video, the audio of the canned video is very fast (chipmunk-like sound) during the initial few seconds.

What could be the possible reason for this? What can you recommend to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Roger

Roger,

Is this with RTMP playback in JW Player? Or HLS, or both? Have you tested with Wowza Flash RTMP example player?

What are the video and audio encoding details of a live stream and file that does this?

Richard