Wowza Community

Issue in publishing of streamschedule.smil

Hello,

I configured and using the streamschedule.smil as suggested in “https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-schedule-streaming-with-wowza-streaming-engine-streampublisher” it is working fine for standard playlist.

If i edit the playlist the newly created one is not loading, I need to restart the wowza server for changes.

Is there any way to load the playlist automatically without having the manual work (like: restart the wowza server & reloading the smil file)

Please Suggest

Thanks in advance,

Chowdary

Chowdary,

The current version of the scheduler supports this. See the section Reloading schedules. It involves a Flash controller and a working example is provided

Richard

Chowdary,

It is being done on the server in an application module. The Flash application is just a controller for you to send the command. You could replace the Flash app with a HTTPProvider and initiate with a http request.

Richard

Hi,

For the custom development work you will need to contact a consultant for assistance as we do not provide or support custom code.

Please see the Find a consultant forum or email support@wowza.com with a request for the independent consultants list if required.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

To configure the stream scheduler to run in multiple applications you need to have the configuration on a per application basis which means NOT having the “ServerListenerStreamPublisher” server listener in the Server.xml.

You will however need to add ServerListenerLoadAndLockAppInstances server listener in the Server.xml and the Properties in the article below.

How to use a server listener to load and lock an appinstance (IServerNotify2)

<!-- Name of VHost to load the applications on. -->
			<Property>
				<Name>loadAndLockVHost</Name>
				<Value>_defaultVHost_</Value>
			</Property>
			<!-- Application/AppInstance names to load. Multiple applications are comma-separated. _definst is not required if the default appInstance is to be loaded. Example: live1, live2, live3/myInstance -->
			<Property>
				<Name>loadAndLockApplications</Name>
				<Value>live/_definst_,live2/_definst_</Value>
			</Property>

Note: I have added 2 applications to the loadAndLockApplications Property “live/definst” and “live2/definst”. change these to the application names you wish to use.

Application configuration should have the following Module and Properties.

<Module>
				<Name>ModuleStreamPublisher</Name>
				<Description>ModuleStreamPublisher</Description>
				<Class>com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleStreamPublisher</Class>
			</Module>
<!-- The name of the SMIL file that will be used for this schedule. The SMIL file must be located in the application's Streams/StorageDir, which is [install-dir]/content by default. -->
			<Property>
				<Name>streamPublisherSmilFile</Name>
				<Value>streamschedule.smil</Value>
			</Property>

<!-- Pass metadata from the source videos to the stream. Default is true but can cause problems with some players when the metadata has duration values -->
			<Property>
				<Name>streamPublisherPassMetaData</Name>
				<Value>true</Value>
			</Property>

<!-- Log when each schedule switch occurs. If a schedule is set but all items are missing, excessive logging can occur. Set this to false to prevent excessive logging -->
			<Property>
				<Name>streamPublisherSwitchLog</Name>
				<Value>true</Value>
			</Property>&#8203;

Remember the streamPublisherSmilFile will need to be changed to another .stream file in the second application being configured to use the stream scheduler. For example streamschedule2.smil

Regards,

Jason

Hi Richard,

As you suggested i gone through the reloading the schedules, As per my understanding this is to be included in the client application. If not please explain in detail.

Is there any way to do the same on server side?

Chowdary

Hi Richard,

I tried but fails, please help me on this. Is there any pre compiled module to install on lib folder to do this? I am dealing only administration part i don’t have knowledge on developing part. Please help

Chowdary

Hi

Any way by using stream scheduling i am managing the loading of schedules. Is there any way to create another streamschedule.xml (with another name).

Means can i use two streamschedule.smil files, and i need both of them should work. Is there any possibilities to achieve that?

Chowdary

Hi Salvadore,

Thanks for the reply,

In the configuration, the default streamPublisherApplication is live, if i need to configure this to another application, what is the delimiter shall i use, Or i need to add one more property to the Server.xml?

Chowdary

You can have one schedule per application, you will need to have multiple applications to achieve this.

you do not need to compile anything, you can download the Module Collection here, and configure the scheduler as per this guide:

How to do scheduled streaming with Stream class streams

Salvadore