I'm running Wowza Media Server 3.6.4 on a small EC2 instance.
I'm not able to stream videos via RTSP over UDP:
- connecting with VLC (Win7 PC) takes about 10 seconds and then switches to RTSP over TCP (audio & video ok)
- connecting QT Player (Win7 PC) takes about 10 seconds and then switches to RTSP over TCP (no video, audio ok)
- Android 1.x phones dont play the video, e.g. LG GT540
- missing audio problems
when I installed the server on a local machine and try to stream the same video there are no problems:
- VLC starts playing within 1-2 sec.
- Android 1.x phones playback works
- no missing audio problems
I've been working on this for a year now, read and followed _every guide_ on wowza.com about EC2 & ports etc. available.
only error message I could find (extra rstp debugging is turned on):
WARN server comment 2014-01-17 22:44:02 1.314 RTPUDPTransport.bind[qr/_definst_]: Failure to bind to address[/10.229.38.56:6970]: java.lang.NullPointerException: address
since it must have to do with the EC2 machine having a private ip address I tried many different settings for these parameters in the Application config:
I'm now asking for some feedback please, does anyone actually stream via RTSP over UDP from an Amazon EC2 Wowza installation?
here is an example stream on the EC2 instance. depending on the port I'm using I'm getting different results with VLC:
rtsp://rtsp.rgwm.de:80/qr/mp4: pomm2.mp4 (10 sec delay, audio & video ok)
rtsp://rtsp.rgwm.de:554/qr/mp4: pomm2.mp4 (no delay, no audio)
rtsp://rtsp.rgwm.de:1935/qr/mp4: pomm2.mp4 (10 sec delay, audo & video ok)