Thread: overlay by using .stream file

Default overlay by using .stream file

Hi,

I am using the latest version of wowza ( trail) but i cant find a way to use the img overlay. My ipcam-url is stored in the file cam1.stream in the folder content.
    So far it works fine. In the application.xml is transcode-line set to: <LiveStreamTranscoder>transcoder</LiveStreamTranscoder>
    and in the template file the overlay set to: true

my url to see my cam by wowza is: http://myip:1935/live/cam1.stream , looks good but i can't find a way to see http://myip:1935/live/cam1.stream_360p (or something like that.)

so my question, is it possible to use overlay by using .steam files?

Hi,
    Yes, you can use overlays with streams based on .stream files.
    If you can't play the transcoded stream there's a good chance that either transcoding is not taking place
    at all, or that the URL used for playback is not quite right.
    The troubleshooting section of the Tranascoder AddOn tutorial should be of help.

If you still can't get this working, you can post snippet's of your [install-dir]/logs where
    you are seeing errors.

Best regards,
    Daren

Thanks Daren.
    i found that WMS did use the wrong java (x86) and fix that problem. Now my error-log stay's empty bus stil no transcoding. In the access-log looks everything fine exept these lines:

2014-01-24 23:17:14 GMT+01:00 comment server INFO 200 - TranscoderSessionNative.loadLibrary: Load transcoder list: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.6.4/lib-native/win64/transcoder.list - - - 6.427 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2014-01-24 23:17:14 GMT+01:00 comment server INFO 200 - JNI:TranscoderSession.isCUDAAvailable[_defaultVHost_:live/_definst_/myStream.stream]: NVidia hardware acceleration is NOT available - - - 6.504 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2014-01-24 23:17:14 GMT+01:00 comment server INFO 200 - JNI:TranscoderSession.isQuickSyncAvailable[_defaultVHost_:live/_definst_/myStream.stream]: Intel Quick Sync hardware acceleration is NOT available. - - - 6.505 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2014-01-24 23:17:14 GMT+01:00 comment server INFO 200 - TranscodingSession.shutdown[live/_definst_/myStream.stream]

it looks like a problem with NVidia or Quick Synk??

kind regards, Hans

Hi Hans,
    It's just saying that hardware accelerated transcoding is not available on the server, its just informational, and software transcoding will
    normally still take place. However, does look like it's not starting up for some reason.
    We'll need to take a closer look at this. Please zip up your [install-dir]/conf and [install-dir]/logs folders and attach to an email.
    Send the email to support@wowza.com and reference the link to this thread.

Daren

Hello Daren,

it works now... There was a problem with loading the template files, i dit reinstall the files and now it works good.
    Now i only have to find out how i can use seperate overlays-img to diferend .stream files.
    regards, Hans

Hi,
    In the Application.xml you will see the Transcoder/Templates container, here you can define a template for this application or, if found, use a template which matches the stream name being published.
    <Templates>${SourceStreamName}.xml,transrate.xml</Templates>
    If you create a copy of the desired transcoding template and rename it to "myStream.xml" a stream published with this name will use this template.
    In this stream specific transcoding template you can alter the overlay used for the transcoded streams.

If the {SourceStreamName}.xml is not found the transrate.xml will be used.
    If you would not like this to happen you can remove transrate.xml from the Transcoder/Templates.
    <Templates>${SourceStreamName}.xml</Templates>
    Jason