Thread: Lag on live push-stream

Default Lag on live push-stream

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue we have been having, Is it at all possible to have wowza behave similar to FMLE with min and max bitrate feature.
    How we can configure it to drop frames if internet line struggles rather than it buffering and the causing a delay in live events, we rather that it drops frames then make the live event behind.

What we are currently doing is the following

Panasonic WV-SC385
    Wowza Pull's the stream using rtsp
    Wowza Transcodes the audio on the stream as the codec is G711, so it changes to AAC and maintains the video as it is H264
    Wowza Push's to youtube live stream

Any thoughts any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

You could have the Transcoder create a mult-bitrate set of streams that could switch between higher and lower quality as the client bandwidth fluctuates.

See this article:
    How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming

And this section for Multi-bitrate streams:
    Adaptive bitrate streaming with StreamNameGroups

Salvadore

That's a good Idea!!!... thanks let me give that a try.

rite so I tried that and used the _all with 2 profiles 720p and 360p but it seems the pushpublishing module doesn't like that I use _all and instead just uses the source stream name.

Quote Originally Posted by devteam-bhuj View Post
    rite so I tried that and used the _all with 2 profiles 720p and 360p but it seems the pushpublishing module doesn't like that I use _all and instead just uses the source stream name.
    sorry let me be a bit more clear:
    src stream = sstbh01.stream
    StreamNameGroup = sstbh01.stream_all
    - sstbh01.stream_720p
    - sstbh01.stream_360p

pushpublishmap.txt
    sstbh01.stream_all={ profile:"rtmp, host:"a.rtmp.youtube.com" , application:"live2", streamName:"xx"}

Hi,
    In the PushPublish_3.5/README.html I can see the Wowza Media Server example of adaptive streaming and the streams are pushed separately but adding "adaptiveStreaming:true" to the entry.
    I've also noticed that the second " is missing from the other side of rtmp, you have [profile:"rtmp, host:], it should be [profile:"rtmp", host:]

myStream_360p={profile:"rtmp", host:"a.rtmp.youtube.com" , application:"videolive?sparams=id%2CXXXXX&itag=11&ipbits=0&expire=12345678&key=XX_Xc&signature=AABBCCDDEEFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBB&ns=XX-xxxx&id=abcdef123", streamName:"XX-xxxx.ExampleStringKeyKFM.XX", adaptiveStreaming:true}

myStream_480p={profile:"rtmp", host:"a.rtmp.youtube.com" , application:"videolive?sparams=id%2CXXXXX&itag=11&ipbits=0&expire=12345678&key=XX_Xc&signature=AABBCCDDEEFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBB&ns=XX-xxxx&id=abcdef123", streamName:"XX-xxxx.ExampleStringKeyKFM.XX", adaptiveStreaming:true}

myStream_720p={profile:"rtmp", host:"a.rtmp.youtube.com" , application:"videolive?sparams=id%2CXXXXX&itag=11&ipbits=0&expire=12345678&key=XX_Xc&signature=AABBCCDDEEFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBB&ns=XX-xxxx&id=abcdef123", streamName:"XX-xxxx.ExampleStringKeyKFM.XX", adaptiveStreaming:true}
    Jason