Wowza Community

Can't launch new instances in AWS

No matter what settings or version I try, I only get “Your subscription is pending and should be ready momentarily.”.

I bought the license, and I have been trying to get Wowza running in AWS since friday morning.

Edit:

I registered a new account last week and it has default virtual private cloud (VPC). Could that be the reason?

Hi,

It has been our experience that the issue you are reporting relates to an account issue that must be resolved by AWS customer service. I would suggest you look into options in the AWS Account Management Portal, if accessible. Otherwise, follow up with options in recent confirmation email from AWS regarding your account.

-Tim

There is another, similar AWS option now: AWS Marketplace Wowza Standard, which works the same as devpay as far built-in licensing and no premium addon support. It is also a different AWS subscription involved. Note these are EBS backed instances, which means they can be stopped and re-started, whereas devpay S3 backed instances can only be terminated.

Richard

Hi,

You’ll find two tables on this page.

Lower down on the page you will see the two table first listing LicKey AMIs and second DevPay AMIs.

These are all updated with the latest Wowza Media Server version.

Daren

Hi,

Check with AWS to make sure that there isn’t a problem with you Market place account.

This can happen. Only Amazon can help you with this though, so you should certainly contact them.

Daren

Hi,

what AWS options should I be looking into? Can’t find anything related. Also no related info in the emails.

When I try to launch Wowza via marketplace, it only tells me it is taking longer then expected, and the there is the “Your subscription is pending and should be ready momentarily.” in https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/library

Hi,

it seems that AWS Marketplace isn’t working properly.

To get things started, use Community AMIs instead of AWS Marketplace AMIs.

Launch EC2 instance:

https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/v2/home?region=eu-west-1#LaunchInstanceWizard:

Select:

Community AMIs

Search:

WowzaMediaServer-ebs-lickey

or

WowzaMediaServer-s3-lickey

or

WowzaMediaServer-s3-devpay

Select latest (currently WowzaMediaServer-s3-lickey-3.6.4)

I hope this will help someone.

Hi,

what AWS options should I be looking into? Can’t find anything related. Also no related info in the emails.

When I try to launch Wowza via marketplace, it only tells me it is taking longer then expected, and the there is the “Your subscription is pending and should be ready momentarily.” in https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/library

I’m having the same problem. Momentarily has turned into a week. How can I actually get Wowza to launch? This is very frustrating.

Hi there.

I have similar trouble.

I use devpay option for the last 3/4 mounths without problem. My aws subscription (5$/mounth) is ok, reading the aws console, but the product listed is not wowza 3 (that i choiced) but wowza 4.

I try to launch an AMI from this page (like always i did in the past) : https://www.wowza.com/docs/wowza-streaming-engine-for-amazon-ec2-amis#devpay and it seems work fine until i launch the istances with this error:

"Launch Failed

Unable to launch image ami-2903c65e as the product code 8ED157F9 is not supported for the specified region, instance type and operating system combination. Please contact the vendor for more information."

I don’t understand if the problem is hte releasem but i tryed to load manually a 3.6.2 version and the was platform claim “this is not more avaible” if i logged in, or “this is not avaible for new customer” if i0m not logged in.

If i try to launch any ami wowza from the market that are NOT devpay, it works, but it is a limited version.

How i can continue to use DEVPAY AMI 3.6.x version or use a 4.x version of wowza? It is embarrassing.

because i’m trying from yesterday, today i deleted my subscription to wowza 3, for pay not the mountly fee.

waiting for instructions.

Thanks

There is another, similar AWS option now: AWS Marketplace Wowza Standard, which works the same as devpay as far built-in licensing and no premium addon support. It is also a different AWS subscription involved. Note these are EBS backed instances, which means they can be stopped and re-started, whereas devpay S3 backed instances can only be terminated.

Richard

Thanks for the reply.

The link that you provided, point to a version 4.x, not 3.6.x, and have a fee of 15$, not like my subsciption of 5$, so i can’t use it due the limit of subscription.

Amazon has started a refund for the problem because i can’t launch a 3.6.x version of wowza also if i have a subscription active (i’ve have two for a mistake).

So, the only option for a devpay oprion on AWS is to use the 4.x ebs version? It will cost 15$ and what more offer?

It sound good to me that i can stop the ebs version: that means that i can make manually configuration ans save it like a new personal AMI images? it will be very nice for save password and other settings.

The past version don’t let me to use live transcoder plugin: in these version can i have plugin or can my live stream to be transcoded also for apple device in real time?

Thank for the reply.