Thread: Saving Transcoder Output To Disk

Default Saving Transcoder Output To Disk

Hi there.

We'd like to record an MP4 from Flash 11 via Wowza. We've encountered a problem whereby the audio is coming through as Speex which is incompatible with the MP4 container, so I was looking at as a potential solution to this.

However, our application workflow requires the creation of an mp4 file on disk which will subsequently be moved into our VOD library. Sadly I can't figure out how to write the output from the transcoder to disk. Is this possible?

Thanks for the response Salvadore. That was actually the link I posted, though. What I could not work out, however, was how to get the transcoder to save the MP4 with AAC to disk. Have you managed to do this?

Hi Salvadore.

An update on this. I was supplying the record stream name with mp4: at the front which seemed to be confusing Wowza -- by removing this I now get two files created:

This is using the config as per the document you referenced. However, the generated mp4 still doesn't have an audio track present. In the Wowza logs I'm getting messages of the form:

wowzamediaserver_access.log:2014-01-27 15:44:44 GMT comment server WARN 200 - TranscodingSession.handlePacket[onlineCaptureTranscodeSpeex/_definst_]: Audio codec is not supported by transcoder. Can only be used as PassThru: NELLYMOSER - - - 30.873 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any idea why the transcoder is failing to convert nellymoser to AAC?

Actually, maybe that's a stupid question -- I guess Wowza only supports Speex. I'll try using this instead, see if that fixes the issue.

According to the error in the logs, you are still sending Nellymoser to the Transcoder.
    The Transcoder does not support NellyMoser for decode(or encode).

These 2 guides should help to set Flash and send Speex audio to the Transcoder:
    How to convert Flash Player 11 output from H.264 + Speex audio to H.264 + AAC audio using Wowza Transcoder AddOn
    How to set up a Flash application to publish H.264 video and Speex audio to Wowza Transcoder AddOn