Wowza Community

My .stream I using with stream manager gives me "...Failure no URL"

What I am trying to do is pull into Wowza live streams going into Red5 server (or FMS).

I have a FMLE streaming into Red5 server (Mac - running on port 1939) and if I run old Flash player I can see my live stream. I also have a Wowza server running on port 1935 and if I stream to it I also see my live stream.

Now I am using this guide to try and pull Red5 stream into Wowza

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-an-unprotected-stream-from-adobe-media-server-or-a-cdn

It seems to work but except I see Wowza is not seeing URL in rtmp.stream I setup (Full error is LiveMediaStreamReceiver.onnect : Failure no URL: RTMP)

i see above in terminal console but the Streammanager web page just said success but what seems to happen is the stream is created on Wowza but no data is coming in (kind of a pending live stream).

I redone this a few times to make sure I did not miss something? I put the ramp.stream text file in the .\content folder - the current Url with is

rtmp://192.168.1.18:1939/live/definst/livestream

Any ideas?

Thanks

Post your logs related to you starting the stream in stream manager as it sounds like Wowza might not be getting the stream. Also be sure that when you set it up in stream manager you set the mediacaster type to liverepeater. Also the playback url would be rtmp://[wowza-ip]:1935/live/definst/rtmp.stream

There have always been problems using Red5 as the source with Wowza liverepeater. It has never worked as far as I know.

Richard

OK - Thanks. I got it work when I pull from FMS 3.57 but if I change to pull from Red5 serveer (1.0) it fails and I see the follow error in console

INFO application app-start definst live/definst

INFO stream create - -

INFO server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.connect: SSL:false url:rtmp://192.168.1.11:1935/live/definst/livestream

INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [live/definst]: flv:rtmp.stream

ERROR server comment - handleResult[147]: can’t find resultObj: 0 in

WARN server comment - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.doWatchdog: streamTimeout[live/definst/livestream][1391201118701:1391201106675:12000]: Resetting connection: rtmp://192.168.1.11:1935/live/definst/livestream

Again the only thing I change is pulling from FMS (which works) to Red5 (which does not). In both cases if I got to Red5 or FMS I can stream to simple Flash player but I can not pull it from Wowza only FMS. Any new ideas?

Thanks

I also just try to upgrade to Red5 1.01 and it also did not work - It seems to be relayed Error " can’t find resultOb:". If I can understand this error a bit better I can go to the Red5 guys and ask why there behavior is different than FMS 3.57 - When I try using FMS to Wowza did great and I also tested using h.264 & AAC on FMLE and was also able to stream to a

Flash player and my iPad - Very Cool.