Thread: Implement nDVR Timeshifting on stream locked origin/edge

Default Implement nDVR Timeshifting on stream locked origin/edge

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to implement the nDVR pause, rewind and "Go back to live" on an edge/origin implementation which uses the method described in the article below?

We have an origin server which have Wowza nDVR and Wowza Transcoder installed. The nDVR records the live channels and saves it to an NFS server. This NFS server is also accessible on the edge server so what we do basically is share this directory and configure the edge application to look into this directory for recorded stream. The recorded stream is saved using the fileformat <stream-name>-<id-event>_720p, <stream-name>-<id-event>_360p<stream-name>-<id-event>_720p,240 and <stream-name>-<id-event>_160p. The recorded streams are saved on different names based on the program. So the dvrfilestore will have multiple recordings of a single live stream from different schedules of events. Like for example:

hbo-1_720p.0 (program from 1:00 to 2:00)
    hbo-2_720p.0 (program from 2:00 to 3:00)

Is there a way I can tell the edge server that the actual live version of the recorded stream is the smil which have the streams defined in the StartupStream.xml? Or is there a way I can just put

on my edge's application.xml and it will miraculously work? What I am worried about is that the edge server will constantly be fetching all nDVRs from the origin server even for the non current program that are already shared using NFS.

Last edited by f.hernandez.b; 01-29-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Hi there, please take a look at this article:
    How to set up live stream repeater for use with Wowza nDVR AddOn (origin/edge)