Wowza Community

Trying to stream Ip camera (Axis P5414) Webcam to YouTube Live

I’m running into trouble trying to stream my ipcamera to youtube live.

I know I need the push publishing addon.

My camera only transmits audio at 16khz. Youtube Live requires a 44khz audio stream.

Is there anyway around this?

I’d prefer not streaming any audio or at the very least injecting an mp3 audio file that repeats however if I have to resort to this, I want to avoid having a computer at any point in the process (other then the wowza server).

Thanks

My camera: http://www.axis.com/products/cam_p5414e/index.htm?utm_source=p5414e&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=IndexBanners

Hi,

Yes, correct you will need the PushPublishing AddOn and you can request the AddOn here.

You can can tell Wowza to turn off the Audio or Viideo tracks of an IP camera using properties discussed here.

Daren

I don’t know of any time frame for this feature.

Richard

I would like to throw in my vote for having audio resampling supported in the Wowza Transcoder add-on. I’m working on a project where the source live video is coming from Flash Player, and afaik, Speex can only be output from Flash Player at 16KHz. In this particular project, I’m switching live streams being fed into a server-side Stream instance, and those sources use more standard 44.1KHz. I can downmix everything to 16KHz, but that’s not particularly high (or medium!) quality.

Hi,

A better way to specify such configurations is to specify them in the stream files as shown here

Since this specifies the configs at the stream level, you can be less concerned about the possibility of a newly added config breaking another of your working camera streams.

Daren

Hi,

We don’t have a way to combine the audio of a static file (or even the audio of another stream) with the current video stream.

It’s not something that is currently supported.

The method provided in my previous post just drops the audio entirely.

Update 03-04-2014: This is now supported in the newest Module Collection. See Adding An Audio Track To A Video Only Stream (ModuleAddAudioTrack) for configuration details.

Daren

Ryan,

To make this conversion, you will need to activate the Transcoder AddOn.

-Tim

Correction: The transcoder will not change the audio sample rate.

A solution for this is in progress. When available, it will likely be included in a future release of the Module Collection.

-Tim

Hi,

This feature has now been added to the new Module Collection.

Please see Adding An Audio Track To A Video Only Stream (ModuleAddAudioTrack) for configuration details.

Roger.

Hi,

Yes, correct you will need the PushPublishing AddOn and you can request the AddOn here.

You can can tell Wowza to turn off the Audio or Viideo tracks of an IP camera using properties discussed here.

Daren

Thanks for your response. To clarify, YouTube Live requires audio (minimum 44khz) accompany the video file in order for the live stream to be accepted by YouTube.

Can I have a static audio file (44khz mp3 that is stored on the wowza server) combine with my video stream so that YouTube accepts the stream? I would need to loop the audio file so that it is always being sent with the video.

Thanks

Hi,

We don’t have a way to combine the audio of a static file (or even the audio of another stream) with the current video stream.

It’s not something that is currently supported.

The method provided in my previous post just drops the audio entirely.

Daren

Is there a way to change the sample rate of the audio from 8khz or 16khz that my axis camera transmits at to 44khz via the wowza media server? If not, I can’t think of anyway I can get my axis IP camera to stream to YouTube Live.

That’s unfortunate,

Is there a ETA on this?

Also, does this work already with Wowza server 4?