Thread: nDVR configuration with external Load Balancer and redundancy

Default nDVR configuration with external Load Balancer and redundancy

Hi,
    I would have some explanation about load balancing with nDVR. In my architecture I will have three Wowza Media Server with nDVR capability and this three servers will be over an external load balancer (not the Wowza LB).
    I have read the configuration guide of nDVR and I suspect that I will have to configure one server as origin and two as edge. Is it right?
    But suppose that I would to introduce a redundancy of the origin server, which configuration will I have to do? Two servers as origin or all servers as origin?
    And the external load balancer to which server have to redirect the nDVR request? In other words if the load balancer routes the request directly towards the edge server, what happens?

Thanks in advance.

The Wowza load balancer is very simple, and not involved directly in streaming. All it does is keep track of least loaded edge servers. For each client you will get an edge IP address to stream from. When that client connects to that edge, it can stream whatever that edge server has available.

Richard

Hi,
    I apologize that I response so late but I tried to resolve the problem alone without success .
    In my architecture I have to insert redundancy on origin server. In other words I have to configure two origin (with same Wowza application) and one edge server. I also tried to configure one origin e two edges and it works perfectly but this configuration leave out the redundancy that is for us a must.
    At a glance, what I would to do is this:
    1. wowza1 -> origin with application myDvr.xml
    2. wowza2 -> origin with application myDvr.xml
    3. wowza3 -> edge whit this statement: <OriginURL>wowz://[wowza1-ip-address]:1935/myDvr|wowz://[wowza2-ip-address]:1935/myDvr</OriginURL>

First of all, is this possible? If yes, could you give me an example of configuration or just a suggestion?

Thanks

Reference ticket #91177