Wowza Community

dreambox restream via vlc to rtsp

Dear users.

I have a one problem with restreaming dreambox channel via vlc to rtsp. i am using vlc (version 2.0.9 two flovers) on ubuntu 13.10 sauci minimal and I am using vlc http interface with vlm component. My output transcoding command look this:

setup test_h264 output #transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=1500,fps=25,scale=1,width=640,height=480,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://127.0.0.1:5554/test,port=1234,ttl=127}

After starting this restream I playback this rtsp link in vlc: rtsp://serverip:5554/test but video is loading very long time and after load video lagging. I also try start this rtsp link via streammanager in wowza but stream in my JW player located at my page not started.

Please help me with this problem.

Thanks for your reply and so sory for my bad english.

Stano,

As a baseline, take a look at this article:

How to use VLC as a live stream encoder with Wowza Media Server (MPEG-TS)

This should clear things up a bit.

-Tim

Looks like you are setting port 5554 on the rtsp address of the stream, and separately port=1935. I’m not sure what the result of that is. I would suggest using the mpeg-ts output with FFmpeg as shown the article Tim suggested, and to re-stream following the mpeg-ts guide, that is linked to in that article.

Richard

Stano,

As a baseline, take a look at this article:

How to use VLC as a live stream encoder with Wowza Media Server (MPEG-TS)

This should clear things up a bit.

-Tim

Thanks for your reply.

I look at link abowe and try this command for restreaming:

setup test_restream output #transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,profile=main},vcodec=x264,vb=500,scale=1,acodec=aac,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://127.0.0.1:5554/test,port=1935,ttl=127}

In vlc stream playing correctly but if I try restream via streammanager not working for me. Can I use this vlc command? Is this correct string?

Thanks.