Thread: Using Google Cloud Storage with Wowza Media Server running on Google Compute Engine

Default Using Google Cloud Storage with Wowza Media Server running on Google Compute Engine

I have set up an instance of Wowza Media Server running on Google Compute Engine as described within this tutorial:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....Compute-Engine

I would like to be able to VOD stream movie files from a Google Cloud Storage bucket that are created within the same google cloud project that are running the compute engine instance.

However I cannot really figure out if this is possible and how?

It might work with Wowza MediaCache, assuming you can download the file over http. If there is security involved, like S3 bucket permissions, that might be a problem right now.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    It might work with Wowza MediaCache, assuming you can download the file over http. If there is security involved, like S3 bucket permissions, that might be a problem right now.

Richard
    Thank you, I will try it out.
    Do I have to request the AddOn or is it already included within the Wowza Media Server image you provide for Google Compute Engine?

It is not included in the download installer, and don't think it is included in the GCE image at present. It is included in the Wowza EC2 AMIs, so if not included at present on GCE I would expect that it will be at some point, integrated with GCE storage.

Richard

Hello,

I see this works for VOD, but I have been searching for storing live streams in google cloud storage without any success, I found this thread but not really informative, so I hope this is the right thread to ask.

How can I first store live streams in google cloud storage? so then I'm able to use Wowza MediaCache for Vod

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcasarrubias View Post
    Hello,

I see this works for VOD, but I have been searching for storing live streams in google cloud storage without any success, I found this thread but not really informative, so I hope this is the right thread to ask.

How can I first store live streams in google cloud storage? so then I'm able to use Wowza MediaCache for Vod

Thanks
    Never mind I already created a module for this to be achieved, thanks.