Thread: MPEGTS/RTP push to STB using PushPublish_3.5 module

Default MPEGTS/RTP push to STB using PushPublish_3.5 module

Hello,
    using PushPublish_3.5 module and v3.6.4 I have successfully configured my Wowza server for push mpegts stream to my stb Amino130H (unicast) .
    So, the configuration working, but the video is not smooth .
    in the local area network no have problem, the video is smooth, in the production server (internet) I have many problem about frame loss .
    I have the same problem using VLC instead STB .
    I have try many profile : mpegts, mpegts(rtpwrap) and rtp . more or less, is the same result .
    my question : this depending about UDP protocol ?
    how to have smooth video using public internet ?

also, using this config with two separated ports :

myStream={profile:"rtp", streamName:"myStreamRTP", host:"239.1.1.1", videoPort:10002, audioPort:10004}

which string I need on VLC for view stream ?

and ; is possible push RTSP stream instead mpegts or rtp ?

thanks

steve

Hello,

Frame loss is usually caused by the bandwidth limitation between your stream source (Wowza server in this case) and your streaming client (STB).
    The PushPublishing addon is not able to push a RTSP stream to your playback clients.
    Please make sure you have enough internet bandwidth availability to support your streaming clients.
    The PushPublishing map string you are using: myStream={profile:"rtp", streamName:"myStreamRTP", host:"239.1.1.1", videoPort:10002, audioPort:10004}
    would cause Wowza to push a Multicast stream to 239.1.1.1. You won't be able to relay that multicast stream over the internet.
    When publishing using native RTP or MPEG-TS, an SDP file is automatically generated in the [install-dir]/applications/[application]/sdp folder. The name of the SDP file is the StreamName value that's specified in the map entry with a .sdp file extension. Media players that support multicast playback can use the file to play the stream.

Zoran

hi Zoran,
    thanks for your quickly reply .
    so, I think is not a bandwidth problem ; in the Wowza server I have 300mbit/s symmetric ADSL line and just test client line (STB) with 20mbps/s in download, my stream is 1mbp/s 720x576 25fps .
    anyway, the config attached is only example, I use unicast address for push my stream to my STB .
    I have try all 3 method (native rtp, mpegts, mpegts_rtp wrapped) but the problem persist, every few second the video freeze or jerky .
    using push module can I make tuning about mpegts stream pushed ?

steve
    Last edited by steveitl; 02-15-2014 at 04:14 PM.