Wowza Community

Cannot access to the manger

Hi, I recently purchased a trial license for v3 and today I see that a new version is out. I installed the v4 in a new server and everything gone well. After that I went to the http://my-ip-server:8088/enginemanager address and I put the username and password that I introduced in the installation process but showed me this error:

Could not connect to server: http://localhost:8087

This is a fresh installation. I have a webmin panel in the server. Java installed.

Need I to purchase a free v4 license?

What is going on?

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Can you verify if your Wowza server was started? It looks as though the enginemanager was started but possibly not the Wowza Server Engine. Try restarting your server engine.

Hi,

Is this installation using a Version 4.0 license that you requested, or did you install using your existing 3.0 License?

Your access log located [install-dir]/logs should verify if the Engine is actually running or not. Sometimes the service appears to start at the OS level

but the Engine process doesn’t necessarily keep running, especially if there’s a license problem.

The upgrade process is given on this page.

You can also get a free Trial license here to try it out, prior to upgrading.

Daren

Hi,

@alvaroarp Thanks for the update.

@nlmaca Thank you for the assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

Regards,

Jason

@alvaroarp

have you tried to check if your server is running on port 1935?

you can check your password settings which you have set on installation (for the streammanager) in /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/conf/admin.password

if you indeed use a Version 3 license it doesnt work. as far as i know a license for 3.5 also doesnt work on a 3.6.4 installation. So the license keys depend on the server version of Wowza. it should be compatible in my opinion, but that’s another discussion :wink:

edited post:

sorry havent read this part of the installation. is solving my issue :wink:

Whitelist remote browser clients

By default, Wowza Streaming Engine is configured to accept connections from a web browser that is running on the localhost. If you need to connect to Wowza Streaming Engine instance that’s running on a remote server, you must add the IP address of the remote computer, in reference of where the browser is connecting, to the IPWhitelist settings in the Wowza Streaming Engine security configuration. To do so, open the [install-dir]/conf/Server.xml file in a text editor and make the following changes:

can you check /conf/Server.license file?

it should state that only your license key is on 1 line. an enter should NOT be there

You dont need MySQL for it. It requires Java 7 though.

If you have a firewall installed you should check your ports which have to be open. (1935, 8087,8088)

btw i’ve tried your serial too. the problem is in your license key. Get a new one because you’re missing some characters

if this is yours: ET1A4-r747a-TDEjT-uxRmu-7kP8N-ydpUf it is to short.

advice: dont use public ip addresses and license keys in your posts :wink:

if you need a developer license go to this page to get one (it is valid for 180 days):

https://www.wowza.com/media-server/developers/license

edit:

to update your license key just edit the /conf/Server.license file and put in your new license. after that restart the WowzaStreamEngine

i have no clue. it isnt a fresh install anymore, because you deleted the previous installation. on what os are you running Wowza?

im running it on a ubuntu server and only installed the OpenJDK 64bit

why are you running webmin and wowza on the same server? just curious

on uninstall you missed a step (see page 27)

http://www.wowza.com/resources/WowzaStreamingEngine_UsersGuide.pdf

what you did:

cd /usr/local

sudo rm –f WowzaStreamingEngine

you forgot this one:

sudo rm –rf /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.0

one of them is a symbolic link if i remember, but im not sure.

so please follow the uninstall procedure step by step and try the reinstall again. this might can cause your problem, but im not sure.

if this isnt working i will clone my vm and will give it try with uninstalling and reinstalling to see if i can reproduce your problem. i dont have webmin though.

lol,

it is normal with installation documentations that things between {} or [] or <> only need the information between it. Thx for the update. topic can be closed

Hi,

yes I have verified that wowza was started.

WowzaStreamingEngine stopped [ OK ]

WowzaStreamingEngine: starting…

WowzaStreamingEngine started PID:(5715) [ OK ]

I tried to reboot the server but didn´t helped.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

Hi, thanks for your replay.

The license I was using was for the previous version of Wowza. Then I went back to get a new license for v4.

I uninstalled Wowza with this command:

rpm-e WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.0-ga

After that y use:

rm -rf /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.0

Then I rebooted the server and started the installation again with the new license. This is the installation log:

Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no]

yes

Wowza Streaming Engine Manager is a browser-based application for managing the Wowza Streaming Engine software. Enter an Administrator user name and password that you want to use to sign in to the manager.

Note: User Name and Password are case-sensitive.

User Name: xxxxx

Password:

Confirm Password:

Please enter a Wowza Streaming Engine license key in this format:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX[-XXXXXXXXXXXX] ET1A4-r747a-TDEjT-uxRmu-7kP8N-ydpUf[-XXXXXXXXXXXX]

Wowza Streaming Engine license key accepted. Thank you!

Installing Wowza Streaming Engine

Preparando… ########################################### [100%]

1:WowzaStreamingEngine ########################################### [100%]

Start Wowza Streaming Engine automatically when this system reboots? [yes or no]

yes

Starting WowzaStreamingEngine (via systemctl):

WowzaStreamingEngine: stopping…

WowzaStreamingEngine stopped

WowzaStreamingEngine stopped

WowzaStreamingEngine: starting…

WowzaStreamingEngine started PID:(2941) [ OK ]

Starting WowzaStreamingEngine (via systemctl):

WowzaStreamingEngineManager: stopping…

WowzaStreamingEngineManager stopped

WowzaStreamingEngineManager stopped

WowzaStreamingEngineManager: starting…

WowzaStreamingEngineManager started PID:(2982) [ OK ]

Install Location:

/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine.

To access Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, go to http://localhost:8088/enginemanager in a web browser.

[root@localhost /]#

After that I went to http://my-IP-server:8088 and I had the same problem.

I looked at the log and there is a problem with the license:

#Software: Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.0.00 build10425

ERROR server comment 2014-02-13 09:46:32 - - - - - 0.633 - - - - - - - - ERROR: License key is not valid or license file does not exist and running as a service (exiting)

At first I thought the problem was that I had a different version of license but after uninstall and install again I thought that would solve.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

yes I’ve already checked this. Only one line with the key in the license file.

As I mentioned in my first thread I use Webmin, is it may need some additional configuration on my server? MySQL, Apache, Firewall …

thanks

Hi,

I was able to install the 3 packages of Java without problems.

I’ll look for that ports, thanks, but this is a fresh server install…

The license was edited for this thread :wink: , thank you anyway.

I’m sorry for the trouble.

What I’m missing?

Thanks

Hi,

ok you are right it isnt a fresh install anymore.

This is a VPS with CentOS 6.5. I use Webmin for other minnor staff :wink:

I did install the 3 packages of Java as said at the “Before installation” of the installation manual.

Once again I reinstalled Wowza to check your tips:

I did:

cd /usr/local

sudo rm –f WowzaStreamingEngine

sudo rm –rf WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.0

After that I installed again:

cd /usr/local

sudo chmod +x WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.0.tar.bin

sudo ./WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.0.tar.bin

At my access log file:

ERROR: License key is not valid or license file does not exist and running as a service (exiting)

I will purchase a new lisence and I will try.

What information about my server config would help?

Thank you again.

Finally!!!

I found what was wrong!! :cool:

When the installation proccess asks for the lisence it says:

Please enter a Wowza Streaming Engine license key in this format:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX**[-XXXXXXXXXXXX]**

I literally put the license as described, with ([) and (]). I removed those [] and it worked :smiley:

I’m sorry but that was confusing…

Thank you very much for the help and your time.

See you around