Wowza Community

Starting/Stopping a stream over jmx console is not working in wowza 4.0

Start appInstance
java -cp . JMXCommandLine -jmx service:jmx:rmi://localhost:8084/jndi/rmi://localhost:8085/jmxrmi -user admin -pass admin touchAppInstance live
Start MediaCaster stream
java -cp . JMXCommandLine -jmx service:jmx:rmi://localhost:8084/jndi/rmi://localhost:8085/jmxrmi -user admin -pass admin startMediaCasterStream live abc.stream rtp

When I try to start a stream using these above commands giving me the following errors.

startMediaCasterStream live 127.stream rtp
ERROR: doInvoke: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: WowzaMediaServerPro:vHosts=VHosts,vHostName=_defaultVHost_,applications=Applications,applicationName=live,applicationInstances=ApplicationInstances,applicationInstanceName=_definst_,name=ApplicationInstance

The above code was working fine in wowza 3.6.4.

Can anybody help me to sort out the issue.

Thanks

Hi,

The issue is the JMX string no longer begins with WowzaMediaServerPro, it is now WowzaStreamingEngine, so something like

WowzaStreamingEngine:vHosts=VHosts,vHostName=defaultVHost,applications=Applications,applicationName=live,name=Application

If you make the change it should then work, but you may need to check the JMX tree for any other changes, but they do all look to remain the same.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the support. Its working again.

In the “JMXCommandLine.java” file I reset the variable to

public static final String MBEANNAME = "WowzaStreamingEngine";

compiled again.

Now its working. Great

Cheers,

Nin