Thread: Startup Streams Monitor Module Error

Default Startup Streams Monitor Module Error

Hi,

I had used the below link to setup ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor to monitor content folder for stream files and start stream whenever new file is detected.

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...-stream-files)

This setup used to work well with WMS 3.6.4.

But with Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.0, the following error shows on server startup.

INFO server comment - ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor.onServerInit
    INFO server comment - MediaCasterStreamValidator.init[live/_definst_]: Started
    INFO server comment - ModuleCoreSecurity.onAppStart[live/_definst_]: Publish: AllowedEncoders: securityPublishValidEncoders:Wirecast/|FME/|FMLE/
    INFO server comment - ModuleCoreSecurity.onAppStart[live/_definst_]: Publish: block duplicate stream names : false
    INFO server comment - ModuleCoreSecurity.onAppStart[live/_definst_]: Play: SecureConnection: securityPlayRequireSecureConnection:false
    INFO application app-start _definst_ live/_definst_
    INFO server comment - ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor: Add application instance: _defaultVHost_:live/_definst_
    Error starting: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.startServer(Bootstrap.java:346)
    at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:40)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    at com.wowza.wms.application.WMSProperties.getPropertyStr(WMSProperties.java:108)
    at com.wowza.wms.serverlistener.ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor$StartupStreamsAppInstance.init(Serv erListenerStartupStreamsMonitor.java:266)
    at com.wowza.wms.serverlistener.ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor.onServerInit(ServerListenerStartupS treamsMonitor.java:840)
    at com.wowza.wms.server.Server.l(Server.java:2947)
    at com.wowza.wms.server.Server.start(Server.java:1003)
    ... 6 more

Urgent help needed as this is affecting our production.

Hi,
    Please open a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com.
    Include a zipped copy of the [Wowza-Install]/conf and [Wowza-Install]/logs so that we can investigate this issue further and a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks
    Jason

Hi Jason,

This is no longer required. It was an auto-merge error from our end. While merging conf files one of the <property> tag was left opened. Guess we shouldn't have merged the configuration files, instead added configurations ourselves.

Thanks for a prompt response.
    Mayank

Hi,
    That's great news, thanks for the update.
    I'm glad it's working for you.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I have created a HTTPProvider to create and start applications on the fly (using java.io).
    Now additionally, I want that when this application is created its content folder also starts getting monitored by this listener. I don't want to restart wowza server due to production reasons.

Mayank.