Wowza Community

Startup Streams Monitor Module Error

Hi,

I had used the below link to setup ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor to monitor content folder for stream files and start stream whenever new file is detected.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-monitor-content-folder-for-sdp-and-stream-files-to-start-publishing-streams-serverlistenerstartupstreamsmonitor

This setup used to work well with WMS 3.6.4.

But with Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.0, the following error shows on server startup.

INFO server comment - ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor.onServerInit

INFO server comment - MediaCasterStreamValidator.init[live/definst]: Started

INFO server comment - ModuleCoreSecurity.onAppStart[live/definst]: Publish: AllowedEncoders: securityPublishValidEncoders:Wirecast/|FME/|FMLE/

INFO server comment - ModuleCoreSecurity.onAppStart[live/definst]: Publish: block duplicate stream names : false

INFO server comment - ModuleCoreSecurity.onAppStart[live/definst]: Play: SecureConnection: securityPlayRequireSecureConnection:false

INFO application app-start definst live/definst

INFO server comment - ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor: Add application instance: defaultVHost:live/definst

Error starting: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.startServer(Bootstrap.java:346)

at com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:40)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.String

at com.wowza.wms.application.WMSProperties.getPropertyStr(WMSProperties.java:108)

at com.wowza.wms.serverlistener.ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor$StartupStreamsAppInstance.init(ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor.java:266)

at com.wowza.wms.serverlistener.ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor.onServerInit(ServerListenerStartupStreamsMonitor.java:840)

at com.wowza.wms.server.Server.l(Server.java:2947)

at com.wowza.wms.server.Server.start(Server.java:1003)

… 6 more

Urgent help needed as this is affecting our production.

Hi,

Please open a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com.

Include a zipped copy of the [Wowza-Install]/conf and [Wowza-Install]/logs so that we can investigate this issue further and a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks

Jason

Hi,

That’s great news, thanks for the update.

I’m glad it’s working for you.

Jason

Hi Jason,

This is no longer required. It was an auto-merge error from our end. While merging conf files one of the tag was left opened. Guess we shouldn’t have merged the configuration files, instead added configurations ourselves.

Thanks for a prompt response.

Mayank

Hi Jason,

I have created a HTTPProvider to create and start applications on the fly (using java.io).

Now additionally, I want that when this application is created its content folder also starts getting monitored by this listener. I don’t want to restart wowza server due to production reasons.

Mayank.