Wowza Community

Verifying a stream is running/exist or not

I use command line tool for starting and stopping streams. The only missing function is checking a stream is already running or not.

I tried to use “getHTTPStreamerSessionCount” but it returns zero even streams not exist on the server. I cant be sure is the stream is stopped or running but no body is connected to it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Are you using the jmx command line tool and Wowza 4? If so, you might check the Mbean name is updated to match the new name “WowzaStreamingEngine”.

I created an HTTPListener that take vhost / application / application instannce / stream name in parameter and says if the stream is published.

Is it what you are looking for?

I use version 3.6.3 with jmx command line tool.

Are you using the jmx command line tool and Wowza 4? If so, you might check the Mbean name is updated to match the new name “WowzaStreamingEngine”.

I am using command line tool similar to what you did, my problem is the start command does not start the stream all the time. Sometimes (not often) the stream does not start. So I wanted to do have something to verify the stream is started.

I created an HTTPListener that take vhost / application / application instannce / stream name in parameter and says if the stream is published.

Is it what you are looking for?