Wowza Community

Offline Graphic played by Wowza

At the end of a streaming session, we used to put up an offline graphic, a short loop or solid picture, to let people know that the player was working, but no one was broadcasting. We will soon be using multiple encoders at different times and it will be tricky to keep track of who is going to put up the offline graphic. Is there a way to have Wowza display a solid image whenever there is no encoder sending it a stream. So as soon as the encoder is shut down, it displays a graphic. When an encoder connects, the graphic is replaced by a stream.

I am running Wowza 4.0 perpetual self hosted (mainly LAN streaming) and I do have the transcoder addon.

This module ought to do the trick:

How to loop a pre-roll until a live stream starts

Salvadore

Yes, this works in Wowza 4.0

Salvadore

I tested and can confirm the “loop a pre-roll until live…” module works with Wowza 4, other add ons have been incorporated into Wowza 4.

Salvadore

Ethan, the default behavior of the module is that it will start the loop over again once the encoder stops sending.

Salvadore

Thanks, that sounds perfect. Will older plug ins work with the new Wowza 4.0?

Thanks for your suggestion this has really helped. My only desire now is to have the loop start up again automatically after the encoder stops sending.