Thread: Parameters for Smooth recording

Default Parameters for Smooth recording

I am using an AS3 code as webcam publisher to wowza and using wowza livestream record feature to record. But my problem is that the recorded videos are not smooth. Not smooth in the sense, frames are not flowing smoothly. Keep stucks and resuming. Like that. Pardon i dont know the word to refer the situation

I want to know what are the parameters to adjust for getting a smooth recorded file.

I can adjust quality, resolution. frame rate. etc. I had kept framerate as 30 and resolution is 640x360.

Please help me to understand the tuning parameters for a good quality video record.

There are several things you can do. First, make it 320x240 or 320x160, or smaller; the Flash encoder does not handle larger frame sizes well. I would use 15fps. And try different camera quality settings: to favor quality over bandwidth use camera.setQuality(0,90), but do not go over 90 for the quality setting, it can cause problems in our experience (though I am referencing dated tests). If you want to favor bandwidth, you will have to experiment with the first number, which is set in bytes per second, not bits.

You can get a big jump in overall quality if you switch to h.264/Speex and record to .mp4 by using mp4: prefix in the stream name on the encoder side. A stream named mp4:myStream that contains h.264 video and Speex audio will record to file named myStream.mp4 and will be playbayable in Flash RTMP and Flash HTTP (HDS) players. Take a look at the steps in this guide to enable h.264 and Speex in Flash for encoding. If you transcode the Speex audio to AAC following that guide the recording will play on other players too.

Richard

Thanks Richard. I had set resolution to 320x240 with 15 fps and its playing smooth now.

That's great. Thanks for the update

Richard