Wowza Community

How to strip out metadata from the transcoded streams

We are using Wowza transcoder Add-on setup working pretty well - transcodes a Speex encoded (live) stream into AAC successfully. I would like to know if there’s a simple way to strip out all the meta-data only in the transcoded stream.

Can you please explain what you are trying to do?

Are you running on a test/develop server or on a production server?

Salvadore

Hi,

You will have a problem stripping out the meta data as it is contained within the published stream. What you could do is copy the stream, but when doing so not copy the meta data.

A module and instructions can be found here

Stream Copy -No Meta Data

If you install and configure when you publish a stream, say myStream, it will also publish another stream automatically called myStream-nometa which will contain no meta data.

Shamrock

Although this may be possible, I do not know of an easy way to do it. It will take some custom code work and you may wish to hire a consultant to help you.

You can post your requirements to the find a consultant forum and someone there may be able to help implement this setup.

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

Our flash client publishes a speex-encoded stream to our wowza server. The wowza server does a few things with this stream:

1. publishes the speex-encoded stream to CDN

2. and transcodes it to a AAC-encoded stream (which is used by our mobile team).

The problem we have now is that since we don’t want the meta data on the AAC-transcoded streams, even though the speex-encoded streams have it.

On our development servers, I’m testing out this transcoding add-on feature, but in our production env, we do use wowza without transcoding.

thanks!

-sonali

How can I strip out the metadata from any stream? Forgetting about transcoded streams for now, in the server-side code I’d like to inspect the metadata and clear it out. Would this line of code help me - stream.sendDirect("@clearDataFrame", “onMetaData”);

thanks!

sonali

Another follow up question - Who can inject metadata or cuepoints onto a live stream? The publisher or subscriber?

thanks,

sonali