Wowza Community

IP Camera Live Stream

Hello

I am trying to get a live stream From an IP camera I have set up. I am following the tutorial on how to set up a live stream using RTSP, and when I go to test the player in Wowza, it gives me an error code of #2048 I cant not figure out where I am going wrong. The camera is a H264. I can use the vlc to stream the camera with no problem. Can someone point me in the right direction Please!

Thank you!

Joe

Hi Joe,

First, make sure your .stream file does not have a .txt extension.

Are you getting any errors in the logs as to what the issue may be? You can start Wowza in stand-alone mode[install-dir]/bin/startup.bat (startup.sh on Mac) You can then monitor the log output in the Terminal.

Can you post what you see here? Posting the logs into a code block will make them easier to read, to do this add "

" before and "[/code" after with a "]" after the "e" to close. 
Also take a look and double check your configuration against the troubleshooting tips and related articles of this guide:
[URL="https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming#streamFiles"]How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming)[/URL]
Salvadore

Joe, the .stream file should be located in the content directory, you can find it inside [install-dir]/content

It should be called someFile.stream, and not someFile.stream.txt

To start Wowza in stand alone mode, first make sure Wowza is stopped, on Windows:

1:Open a Command Prompt window (press WIN key + R, type cmd in the Run dialog box, and then press ENTER).

2:Execute the following commands:

cd %WMSAPP_HOME%\bin
shutdown.bat

Then run:

cd %WMSAPP_HOME%\bin
startup.bat

On Mac:

To stop Wowza open a terminal window and enter the following command:

cd /Library/WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.1/bin
./shutdown.sh

Then run:

cd /Library/WowzaStreamingEngine-4.0.1/bin
./startup.sh

These commands assume you are running Wowza 4.0.1.

If you have not read the Quick start guide, it would be very helpful:

Wowza Quick Start Guide

As well as the user guide:

Wowza User Guide

Salvadore

Now try to play the stream and see what the console says.

Salvadore

Do you have a user name and password associated with this camera?

If so you can try adding these to the camera URL like this (NOTE: not sure what your URL looks like, found this example thru Google search)

rtsp://userName:password@[camera-ip-address]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=[CHANNEL]&subtype=1

Salvadore

Hi Joe, is this thread resolved now? As you are now able to play your live stream as confirmed in this thread

Thanks.

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

I am new to this whole concept. If you could bare with me and provide some basic info for these questions that would be great.

How to I make sure my .stream does not have txt extension?

Where do I look for the logs is this in the Wowza streaming engine. Or on the server logs?

Thank you

Thank you Salvadore. I will do this tomorrow when i get to the office and let you know what I come up with. I will check the stream file also. Once again Thank you!

Salvadore

I have verified that it is a .stream file and when I run the

cd %WMSAPP_HOME%\bin
startup.bat

the CMD says.

INFO server comment -Wowza streaming engine is started!

What should my next move be?

Joe

Here is what I get

WARN Server comment - RTPSession DescriptionDAtaProviderBasicRTPSWorker.process
authentication required [401] username and password not available

this is when I just try and connect to the stream

I am using an IC Realtime camera

rtsp://userName:password@[camera-ip-address]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=[CHANNEL]&subtype=1

the 554 would be the port I have for the camera we are using 10000

I am getting an add chunk id with a duration cont. the code start with MPEGDash writer handler. in the output on the cmd prompt

this is the rtsp i got from the guy i bought the camera from

rtsp://username:password@Cam_IP:RTSP_Port/cam/realmonitor?channel=CHANNEL&subtype=ENCODING