Wowza Community

no m3 AMIs in EU West (ireland)

Hi Wowza-Team,

i successfully could launch m1 instances of the new 4.0.1 DevLic instances in Ireland. But I am not able to launch the selectable m3 instances in the EU West region (Ireland). From the instances proposed on the current Wowza4/AMI page (https://www.wowza.com/docs/pre-built-amis-amazon-machine-images) only the old m1 ones are available. The other ones showing up are m3 instances - but when I select these and try to start them, the following error comes up:

Launch Failed
Unable to launch image ami-70d12207 as the product code 8ED157F9 is not supported for the specified region, instance type and operating system combination. Please contact the vendor for more information.

I would be very nice to have a more modern instance available.

Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback about instance types. I have forwarded your information to our product management team for consideration as we plan instance type support for the future.

-Lisa

Thank you for the feedback about instance types. I have forwarded your information to our product management team for consideration as we plan instance type support for the future.

-Lisa

I’m having a similar issue. Please let us know when they will be available on the new instances (M3)