Wowza Community

Can I use Windows Media Stream and relay it through FMLE that sends to amazon ec2

Good day all,

I currently use Adobe FMLE to capture and encode and send that stream to amazon ec2 and it work perfectly. What I would like to do is grab a stream produced by a windows media server and either pass it through fmle that will then go to my ec2 instance or have the windows media stream go to amazon ec2. Is this at all possible? I am thinking about using a desktop screen capturing software and have the stre play on the same computer that has fmle on it and then that should be fine. My issue with that is how do I get fmle to recognize the desktop screen as a listed input device source.

Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

Ps the windows media stream is a mms stream and this will all be happening as live streams.

Hi,

Wowza does not support MMS streams as an input source.

I’m not sure if FMLE is able to ingest a stream coming from a third party encoder but you could try using VLC or FFMPEG to ingest that stream and provide an output stream that would be published to Wowza.

Please take a look at the instructions from the following article on how to use VLC as an encoder for Wowza: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-vlc-as-a-live-stream-encoder-with-wowza-media-server-mpeg-ts

Zoran

Yes it will work. Replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP of the Wowza EC2 server in “dst=127.0.0.1”. And on the Wowza side re-stream from “udp://0.0.0.0:10000” (for the settings shown in the example):

vlc -vvv mms://yourStream --sout “#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,profile=baseline,level=3.0,nocabac},vcodec=x264,vb=150,scale=0.5,acodec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=[ec2-ip],port=10000,mux=ts}”

Make sure you have adequate throughput from the VLC location to the EC2 server.

Richard

Thank for the feed back. I took a quick look at the link and saw that it has to do with configs for wowza as well as it pertains to wowza and vlc installed on the same box. I am using wowza through amazon ec2. Would your solution still apply it work ? I am now starting with wowza, streaming and encoding etc. thanks for your feedback thus far.

Thank you once again for the feedback I will give it a try later on today and I will give an update here. Thanks again.