Wowza Community

Live steam will record, but i cant view it live

I am having a problem with my live steam. I set the stream file and i can record the stream file and play it back. but i cannot use one of the test players to see the live stream. I do have another thread below this one. If someone has more insight on this please give me a hand

Thank you in advance!

Joe

Hi Joe,

Are you following this guide:

How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming)

What example player are you testing playback in?

What is the playback URL you are using?

For example, if you are testing playback in the [install-dir]/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html, you would use

Server:rtmp://[wowza-ip]/live
Stream: someFile.stream

Or, FlashHTTPPlayer would be:

http://[wowza-ip]:1935/live/someFile.stream/manifest.f4m

NOTE: the .stream file should contain the full URL to the camera. For example:

rtsp://userName:password@[camera-ip-address]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=[CHANNEL]&subtype=1

Salvadore

Hi,

You simply need to open port 1935 in your firewall, forwarded to your Wowza server.

Daren

Okay, so if testing in an example player through the Streaming Manager, what are you entering as the “Media File Name”?

It should be the .stream file, for example camera.stream, or what ever the name of your .stream file is.

Salvadore

yes, sorry, I was thinking about the VoD player, it should have been “Stream” instead of “Media File Name”

So the stream gets recorded but you can not view it in the example player. Do you still get the same error when attempting to play the stream?

WARN Server comment - RTPSession DescriptionDAtaProviderBasicRTPSWorker.process
authentication required [401] username and password not available

Or do you get any other errors?

Salvadore

Try this URL

http://localhost:1935/Crew/cam.stream/manifest.f4m

Salvadore

Great! I am glad it is working for you now! Thanks for the update.

Salvadore

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.0\content

this is where the recorded video plays.

My stream file has the full URL for the camera with the username and password, it show as active in the incoming streams section on the Wowza streaming engine.

I am trying to test the playback through the test players button on the streaming engine

i am not sure what you mean by the playback URL can you explain the more please

Thank.

Joe

my stream file name is cam.stream

Info Server comment - MPEGDashWirterHandler.createChunkM$S[Crew/_definst_/cam.stream]: Add chunk: id:9 typem4s_video v/k:194/1 duration 340000
 this is what it is putting out now.
if i use the adobe test player it gives me the error 2048 on the bottom of the player.
if i go to the examples folder and open one of the test players ( I uesd the HTTP Player)  it says "Source stream or file could not be found or access was denied" 
this is the URL http://localhost:1935/Crew/cam/manifest.f4m

Salvadore that worked!!! I can steam it through that HTTP player now

I spoke to soon I can get to stream on the server from the localhost, what do i have to to to get it to work from outside the network?